1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MIA...682 Gold E 34/30 combo...No longer F/S

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by JACK, Feb 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Very nicely done and cared for 682 Gold E (now known as the preferred "Gold". Has the attractive "coin" (now known as "Silverstone") finish receiver. All facets of gun in very good condition. Original CTs in Optima bore on unsingle. M-LF-XF. O/Us fixed bottom .018, top .030. Trigger is great. $3495 shipped with the combo Americase and range bag. Stock will adjsut from aobut 14" to just over 15". Gun has balance and is nto heavy. O/Us will be fast at dubs. Double Release hooks incl. RH stock with palm swell. very minor clothing mark near left side checkering. This gun will campaign. Jack @ 715-262-8556, cell 715-441-9817. Email or PM
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. farmstan

farmstan Active Member

0   0   0

It's Beautiful

3. 687_SP_II

687_SP_II TS Member

0   0   0

Why doesn't this gun have the Gold E receiver and wood?

4. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

That is a very good question. Perhaps you'd like to tell us what the "Real" stuff looks like.

It does have the Gold E inscription on the bottom of the receiver authenticating that is is not a phony

And Beretta makes changes regularly to its designs. What makes you think this is not authentic?

5. Sam Ogle

Sam Ogle Member

0   0   0

A beautiful response to a somewhat insulting question. Wish I could answer like that, instead of venting.

ps: She's a real beauty.

Sam Ogle, Lincoln, NE

6. guinner16

guinner16 TS Member

0   0   0

I didnt take it as criticizing the gun. I thought the same exact thing. I figured it was a gold E, but maybe the reciever came off a sporting model. Kinda like the Blued DT10 trap reciever and then the DTL sporting reciever are different. I have always seen the gold e with the engraved "rings" on the reciever and never saw this one. I would have asked the question the other guy did to better educated myself on the different versions of the gun. Maybe he was calling you out and maybe he was just asking an innocent question. Either way I like this version of the reciever and now now it comes in different versions.

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

If you want to be told what your gun is or isn't and why it is not worth what you are asking, just list ity on here. They will come out of the woodwork. Manners are a thing of the past I guess!

8. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

I'm guessing he thinks the checkering should be "fishscale". Too, He has likely not see the "coin" finish before.

I do not know how long they made the coin finish, but it sure is the most attractive finish I have seen on any gun.

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I think I like this older style receiver better than my newer style. Nice gun Jack. If only I didn't already have one.

10. Shawn

Shawn Member

0   0   0

Pretty gun. The finish looks to be the Greystone finish. It was popular on the 682 before they went to the 682E. It is a very durable and low maintenance finish.

Shawn

11. TjayE

TjayE Member

0   0   0

I see nothing wrong with "687 SP II" question. He just asked a question about the gun. I think you guys are just a little defensive. I did not know that Beretta made the Gold E in different styles/designs. Jack, Thank for the explanation. A lot of us learnt something today. Tom

PS It is a nice looking gun.

12. MDJ67

MDJ67 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

What goes around , comes around!.

13. 687_SP_II

687_SP_II TS Member

0   0   0

It was not meant to be disrespectful. I just have not seen a Gold E with that receiver and style wood. It looked like the 682 Gold. It must have been one of the first models out.

14. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

MIA,

Are you sure that it has 682 Gold E and not just 682 Gold?

I don't have my 682 Gold right now and I don't recall the exact engraving on the bottom.

The Gold E has a few gold elliptical ))) engraving on the sides. The checkering is not sharp more like fish scales as noted above.

The other odd thing about this gun is that the barrel selector should be on top of the safety. Does this gun have a barrel a selector?

Please check the serial numbers of all the parts. Seems like it may have been an O/U with an added new adj. unsingle.

If I remember right you can get the year the action was proofed by a letter code stamped on the reciver.

Jason

15. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I think the guys who suspect it is a "Gold" instead of a "Gold E" are correct. I always liked that graystone finish and never saw a "Gold E" with it. Also, Optima barrels were not out when the graystone guns were the current model. They had Mobilchokes, I believe, their barrels were not overbored like an Optima and I don't think their unsingle barrel had an adjustable rib.

Irregardless, it is a beautiful gun!

Ed

16. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Yes. I took it out nad it is a "GOLD"

Take me out to the woodshed

17. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I don't think that devalues the gun at all. Some people, myself included, like the graystone receiver and conventioanl checkering better than the Gold E's more futuristic styling yet this gun has the Gold E's better Optima barrels.

Or is just the unsingle an Optima? I don't think Optimas were offered with fixed chokes.

Ed

18. shrek

shrek Active Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

if I had the extra "fun money" sitting around I would have to see about bringing this home if it could be adjusted to shoot pretty flat.

19. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

I think there are about four differences in this gun and suspect it is a gun that has been customized-- either as a test gun by Beretta or by an indvidual

1. It looks like a greystone finish so 682

2. But the O/U barrel has the rib style of a 682X which only came in that flatter baked on black finish and high step up rib design

3. And that looks like an aftermarket rib on the unsingle

4. The fixed chokes in the O/U would coincide with the 682X

5. Mobile chokes in the unsingle could be any different number of models that Beretta had but they only had a couple of models that were unsingles and some of those were pretty darn heavy

Now- maybe this was a trial gun with those features from Beretta that worked its way into the general populace also-

I guess you could look at all the serial numbers and proof marks and figure that out

20. AveragEd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Gene, that adjustable rib is factory - it is identical to mine.

Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

682 gold e x trap

beretta 682 gold e trap

beretta 682 gold e trap combo

beretta 682 silver xx trap