1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEXICO

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Joe Potosky, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

In the past if you could not hire a work force you offered higher wages and enhanced benefits. Americans would travel great distances to take those jobs.

Now, instead of offering a better wage they hire an illegal. The sad part is that the unions in some regions support this practice.

2. m70win

m70win Member

The term low paying jobs makes me so angry. Those are entry level jobs are kids need and should be doing. I'm a carpenter in Michigan I worked in Huoston from 80 to 84 there was one carpenter crew of Mexicans that I new of framing houses then. Now it's near 100% Mexican crews. Carpentry falls under one of the skilled trades. Goverment needs to enforce the laws and make busness owners responsible for the money they pay out. Paying people all year long and then sending them a 1099 and hoping they pay there taxs does not work. That way legal Mexicans or who ever, can all work have equal opportunities.

Tim

3. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

At the end of this lengthy note, I'm going to ask a question in hopes one or more of my fellow posters can help me understand....

In a former life I hired new employees for my company. I remember when the Federal I-9 form came into being. It has been around a long danged time.
    For anyone so inclined, blank I-9's are available to read or download on the net.

The form has language stating, THE PURPOSE... IS TO DOCUMENT THAT EACH NEW HIRE AFTER 11-06-86 IS AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S.

and,

ALL EMPLOYEES, CITIZENS OR NON-CITIZENS HIRED AFTER 11-06-86 MUST COMPLETE AN FORM I-9.

Next to the new hire's required signature the form states, I AM AWARE THAT FEDERAL LAW PROVIDES FOR IMPRISONMENT AND/OR FINES FOR FALSE STATEMENTS OR USE OF FALSE DOCUMENTS IN CONNECTION WITH THE COMPLETION OF THIS FORM.

and,

I ATTEST, UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY, THAT I AM (the new employee marks a box next to one of the following choices.

- A U.S. CITIZEN
    - A LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENT
    - AN ALIEN AUTHORIZED TO WORK

Completing the I-9 requires a new hire to produce official documents to verify their identity and their legal employment status. The employer under penalty of perjury, must certify the document(s) appear authentic and apply to the person presenting them for inspection.

My question: How is it that every illegal "Tomas, Ricardo, and Maria" manage to get themselves on a payroll and nobody (illegal worker or employer) seem to get their xss in a sling even when busted??

sissy

4. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

Copper, you write like someone who just migrated to this country, are you sure English is your native tongue?

Berettaman7

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.