1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mexico

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 2badnw, Nov 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2badnw

2badnw TS Member

Mexico will not issue a drivers license unless you are legal citizen of their country. Double standard ? We need Tom Tancredo as President........

2. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Ditto what Waterhouse said!

3. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Did you know that Mexico was the place the extraterestials landed years ago! Their mission was to look for intelligent life on earth. They never returned!

4. 2badnw

2badnw TS Member

I guess we are consistant with mexico in one way is that no auto insurance is required !

5. 2badnw

2badnw TS Member

SPITZER of NY ABANDONS ORDER TO ISSUE LICENSES TO ILLEGAL ALIENS

6. Finprof

Finprof TS Member

Not only that, but if you go to Canada and need medical care, they ask you for your resident card. Apparently, government-supported medical care is only for legal residents.

Mexico has very strict imigration policies. They don't want those El Salvadorans sneaking into their country and taking their jobs.

7. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

While I am not in favor of Drivers Licenses for illegal aliens, my reasons are different from most. The problem is that we use Drivers Licenses for ID. If we did not, then it would make consumate sense to issue them to aliens. After all, we know they will operate a car with or without a license so why not have some control over the situation by licensing them?

The problem is if we don't use a Drivers License as ID, What will we use? Anything else could be a form of "intern passport", shades of Nazi controlled Europe.

We should find the answer and it is not delial of Drivers Licenses to illegal aliens. However, until we do we should NOT issue them!

8. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

2badnw, the requirement for a driver's license in Mexico is not citizenship. The requirement is that you are a legal RESIDENT of Mexico. I travelled in Mexico for about five years, and my U.S. driver's license was legal to use in renting a car, etc. However, to own and operate a vehicle you had to have a visa for Mexico. We had hundreds of workers who lived in Mexico on assignment, and they all had Mexico-issued driver's licenses.

Best,
    Dennis

9. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

The issue I have never seen discussed in relation to this has to do with the "Motor Voter" acts passed by several states with strong support from democrats. These bills typically let people with drivers licenses show up at the polls and vote with no further safeguards. So give illegals drivers licenses, and they can now vote? Something is wrong with this picture!

10. TC

TC TS Member

I am not trying to pick on anyone, but could someone explain the idea; "We know they will operate a car with or without a license so why not have some control over the situation by licensing them?"

I believe every state has a law on the books about driving without a license. Automatic "Go to Jail", no ticket to sign, no warning.

Why don't we just enforce existing laws? Do we really need more "new" laws?

11. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

T C ....reminds me of gun control laws. If you ban them there will be no crime. I'll bet the same idiots thought of the drivers license issue.

Bill

12. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

A legal citizen of their country, mmmmmmmmm, so do they have any illegal citizens in their country.?

Guess you meant a legal resident.

Berettaman7

13. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

TC in Illinois I know that if you are picked up and don't have a liscense to prove your priviledge of driving you do not go to jail. They give you a ticket and a day to go to court. I have known a couple guys that have driven for years without a liscense and they kept getting tickets for driving while suspended. I know this is a big issue but having a drivers liscense in no way means that the person is a citizen. All it means is that the person is a driver who can pass the test. This would accomplish three things I can think of right away. One is that it would prove that they can read English well enough to read the road signs. Two would be that they are a safe enough driver to be on the road, and the government would know who they are and where they live. Three is that even though I in no way ordain the "Big Brother" way of life we would have at least a place to start when we are finally going to do something about the illegals in this country. Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.