1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mexico to sue US gun manufacturers...

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    CBS News has learned that the Mexican Government has retained an American law firm to explore filing civil charges against U.S. gun manufacturers and distributors over the flood of guns crossing the border into Mexico.

Sources say Mexico's frustration with U.S. efforts to stop the flow of weapons has pushed them into this novel approach. The law firm is looking at charges that may include civil RICO. The contract was signed on November 2, 2010 by a representative of Mexico's Attorney General, at their Washington embassy.

On November 5, 2010 President Felipe Calderon expressed his frustration to CBS News correspondent Peter Greenberg: "We seized more than 90,000 weapons...I am talking like 50,000 assault weapons, AR -5 machine guns, more than 8,000 grenades and almost 10 million bullets. Amazing figures and according to all those cases, the ones we are able to track, most of these are American weapons."

-----------

Sue American gun makers? How about suing BATF? Or Mexican drug lords?

How about closing the border?

And, gee, where are these readily available machineguns and grenades? Wally World?

2. bebloomster

bebloomster TS Member

Maybe we should sue Mexico about the flood of illegals crossing their border.

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I suppose you think that this is some kind of accident too as well. Ya Right!!!

4. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

Personally, I'm getting a little sick of that Calderon bast**d coming up here and telling us how to run the US when he can't begin to keep a lid on his own country. We need a President with a pair and the willingness to tell the clown to go home and stay there. Those sleazy bast**ds have the gall to come to AZ and ask us to not enforce our own laws because they can't afford to deal with their own citizens when they stay in Mexico?? And now they want to sue American companies for making legal American products for legal sale in our country? Five will get you ten that pissant in the White House makes some more compromise, "get-along" noises to appease the Mexican fool.

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

F**k Mexico. And thank you, ATF for your vigilant enforcement.

HM

6. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

There is something wrong when the biggest export product of a country is it's own people. Our unsecure border with Mexico will remain as long as our country continues to elect cowards who are more concerned with their own political future then they are with the security of the U.S.

If you're wondering why new guns cost so much, or why former U.S. manufacturers haved moved overseas look no further than the above lawsuit.

7. oz

oz Active Member

It might be a good thing. Just imagine when/if court convenes and the gun manufacturers get to put the blame where it belongs on the atf and administration. Gee maybe a the atf just mailed the machine guns and grenades to calderone. can you say coverup. oz

8. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Those irresponsible grenade manufacturers should be sued! Why just the other day I saw some shady types at the local gun shop carrying out bushel baskets full of grenades. I stopped and chatted with them and all of them said they were headed for mexico! Truly unbelievable!!!.......Uncle Sam, Pa.

9. quartering

quartering Active Member

isn't it funny how president ben harrison recognized illegal mexican immigration as being a problem back in 1890 and here it is, 121 years later, and it's still a problem? good luck with it

10. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Personally, I'm all for raising taxes to deal with these types of problems. Specifically, here are the taxes I'd raise:

1. "Support of Illegal Immigrants Tax Act" This tax would be levied on everyone that condones, supports, aids or encourages any invasion or protection of illegal immigration, whatsoever. It can be a tax without end, and without upper limits, since that's what illegal supporters want.

2. "The We Must Raise Taxes, Tax" There is no need to raise taxes, by law, or even bipartisan agreement. All those in favor of raising taxes can, and should begin to immediately submit whatever increases in taxes THEY feel are warranted, from their own income.
    Specifically, Obumbler, the Demo congress and supporters should decide what tax increase in appropriate on the 'wealthy' and immediately begin to tax themselves. Surly, those voluntary new taxes should cut the debt by 60%!? (we have 213 millionaires in congress - +60% of them are Dem's). Additionally, the majority of his Czars and cabinet are likewise millionaires. Hey you elites, send in that new 'revenue' - now, and often!

These two simple acts will show America just how committed our current occupation leadership is, what a beacon of light they can become for the world.

IMHO,
    Kip

11. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Wait...The ATF has instructed border patrol agents to let certain guns into mexico...Will these be exempt from the lawsuit or should mexico be suing the ATF for it's policies...My the Dumbocraps have made a mess of things haven't they?

12. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

The President of Mexico can kiss my red, white and blue American @ss. Why doesn't he do a better job of controling the border. What are they doing to ones who are smuggling guns into Mexico? On the other hand we need to get a better grip on our own border control and stop the flood of illegals coming into the United Statesof America. Lets revolk the NAFTA agreement. NAFTA benefits Mexico and Canada. I have no issue with Canada. I do not see news about the flood of illegals into the United States from Our neighbors up north. Several times a week I hear something about the illegals from Mexico on the news, And I live in Washington State! I am sure that if I lived in a state that borders with Mexico it would be a daily thing to hear about. Sue the gun makers in the United States what about the gun manufacturers in the rest of the world? Nope just the ones in the US because it is so easy to sue anyone in our country. Calderon needs to suck it up and take care of his glass house before tossing stones
    JB

13. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

AND THE HORSE THEY RODE IN ON!!!!!!!

14. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

What the US needs to do is sue the Mexican government they aren't controlling the flow of their own people.

Or those that enter the other end of their country. The Central Americans are coming through their country into ours as fast as Mexicans are.

They also aren't controlling the flow of drugs across their boarder into this country. So sue Calderon after all the drugs are coming from his country not ours. No drug no need for the guns. Their drugs are doing as much damage here as any guns that go there. JMO

Bob Lawless

15. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

America should sue Mexico for the Illegal drugs and Aliens that are being brought into this country and corrupting our youth ... Obama is to busy sueing our own states for enforcement of the laws ... Open season for about a month ought to do it, no bounty though because we are already broke ... Tag em, Bag em and ship them back home ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

16. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Jim Bradbury...I invite you to show that red, white, and blue at the 2011 Mr. Buns contest at the Grand. That would be a very interesting sight.

We do have illegals of Muslim persuasion coming in from the north border, BTW.

17. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

Recurvy - Where did you get that information from? What illegal Muslims have come over the Canada/US border? So far as I have been able to find out, not one documented case of an illegal Muslim has come to light.
    Now, if you are thinking of the 9/11 terrorists, they all entered the US legally. Janet Napolitano keeps mentioning illegal immigration by Muslim terrorists over the northern border, but has been totally unable to document her claims.
    This "Muslim terrorists from Canada" thing pops up every so often, but has so far been proven every time to be groundless.

18. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

SS you must live in a bread box. Check out the link above and in the same place there are many, many different Videos of the same thing

Bob Lawless

19. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

You hooked a whole boatful Brian.

20. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

This ain't trolling folks it's for real.

Need to send Barry and Janet Nepalesbo down to the AZ-Mexico border for about 2 weeks of vacation. If they survive I'd be willing to bet their opinion of border security would "change". (pun intended)

Being sued by Mexico......how much more stupid can this get??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.