1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mexico to get access to US gun buyer records.

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Feb 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Too much info to cut and paste it here. The whole thread needs to be read to understand the full implication of this.

In a nutshell, BATF trace information, a de facto ad hoc gun registry, is being opened up to Mexican authorities. Which means corrupt officials will have access to your gun purchases. It is possible this information could be unlawfully sold to criminals, anti-gun politicians, and anti-gun groups.

Those who claim the Obama Administration isn't anti-gun haven't been paying attention.

2. pcrc11

pcrc11 TS Member

Please explain. I read the thread and from what I saw it states that they will have a spanish language version of the system BATF uses. I did not see where it stated they were getting any US records. Perhaps I mis read.

3. Brian in Oregon

Did you read the whole thread? There's an explanation in the thread.

4. pcrc11

pcrc11 TS Member

No I did not read the whole thread, I read the story on top that the thread was based on. As far as I am concerned the rest is just theory and opinion. But just to be sure I guess it is time to go out and hoard some more ammuntion, that seems to be what these stories are best at creating, ammunition shortages and inflated gun prices.

5. Brian in Oregon

The devil is in the details. It is the potential for abuse that should be of concern.

I would suggest not being so lackadaisical when it comes to your rights, both of the Second Amendment and of privacy, not to mention the potential to be listed inadvertently as a gun smuggler. But I guess that's a waste of my time.

6. dolphin62

dolphin62 Member

WHY would any of this supprise you...and if it's just hear say for now....don't worry it will be real enough before long.

anything that screws us over will always be reality.

7. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

You never hear outrage about all the heroin, cocaine and meth that's killing MILLIONS flooding into our country every day, yet they want to fixate on this gun thing.

8. Dr. Oz

Dr. Oz TS Member

Alarmism is the production of needless warnings, often with the objective of influencing public opinion through inducing mass hysteria. The term as an adjective is usually used in a negative manner, to express disapproval of alarmed opinion or in an otherwise dismissive context. Many issues have, rightly or wrongly, been presented as "alarmist". Some prominent issues that have either been presented in an alarmist manner or otherwise described as "alarmist" include:

Early warnings issued on the ideas that will be the most destructive in the current century.[1]
    The threat of terrorism, nuclear or biochemical attacks;
    Consumption of junk food and foods high in sodium, fat, oil, sugar, cholesterol, or calories as being deadly;
    The possibility of an oil crash ("peak oil") in the near future;
    The possibility of an economic depression or Stock Market crash (similar to the Wall Street Crash of 1929 or the "Black Monday" in 1987 Stock Market crashes);
    The economic damage that was supposed to occur because of the Montreal Protocol on ozone depletion;
    The potential effects of global warming, and other environmental dangers;
    The economic damage that may result due to cutting greenhouse gas emissions;
    The population bomb, or Malthusian catastrophe, to cause mass starvation;
    The threat of genetically modified foodstuffs;
    The negative effects of banning DDT;
    The negative effects of DDT;
    The prediction of end times events from the Bible;
    The tendency toward more economic and political globalism and away from nationalism;
    That Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, preceding the Iraq War;
    The extent of bride burning incidents in India annually;
    The 2002-2003 SARS incident;
    Possibility of an bird flu epidemic, killing hundreds of millions.
    Mutual assured destruction or nuclear winter through the possibility of a full-scale nuclear war, causing mass extinction (the Doomsday Clock uses a symbolic clock to imply that civilization is on the verge of self-destruction);
    The dangers involved in the use of nuclear power, and the severity of the Three Mile Island incident or the Chernobyl disaster;
    The possibility of an impact event on Earth, causing an extinction event;
    Y2K bug causing breakdown of the world's computer systems;
    Carcinogenity of electromagnetic radiation from power lines or microwave ovens, mobile phones and various food products;
    Backmasking;
    The Clash of Civilizations;
    Dysgenics bringing about the downfall of the human species;
    Intelligent (manmade) Robots taking over the world and eliminating all humans;
    The economic or social damage and upheaval that might result from either side of politics controlling government after new elections are held.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.