1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mexican truck drivers

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Palos shooter, Jul 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Active Member

Lipinski blasts deal allowing Mexican trucks on U.S. roads
    BY ART GOLAB Staff Reporter/agolab@suntimes.com July 8, 2011 6:16PM

Mexican trucks filled with goods from south of the border could be rolling into Chicago as early as next month under a deal just signed by the Obama administration and the Mexican government.

In return for the U.S. allowing the trucks north of the border, the Mexican government is dropping tariffs on $2.3 billion dollars worth of American goods.
    That means Christmas trees from Oregon and apples from Washington state will cost about 20 percent less in Mexico. Pork exports to Mexico are also expected to soar.

However the agreement — which fulfils a long-debated provision of the North American Free Trade Agreement — prompted howls from the both the Teamsters Union and independent truck owner-operators.

They say it will kill jobs and make highways less safe.

And with the ink barely dry on the deal, U.S. Rep. Dan Lipinski (D-Ill.), co-sponsored legislation that would cut off funds the Department of Transportation needs to implement the agreement.

Currently, Mexican trucks are only allowed 25 miles north of the U.S. border. From there it is American trucks and drivers that do all of the hauling of Mexican goods.

“Opening the border to dangerous trucks at a time of high unemployment and rampant drug violence is a shameful abandonment of the Department of Transportation’s duty to protect American citizens from harm and to spend American tax dollars responsibly,” Jim Hoffa, president of the Teamsters. said in a statement.

“We see the agreement as a good faith effort, as a type of experiment,” said Jose Refugio Munoz, head of Canacar, which represents 8,000 Mexican trucking firms. “It’s a start, on paper, but we have no illusions that this is a definitive program. We view it with skepticism.”

I guess the NAFTA treaty signed by Clinton was just updated by Osamma,,Just another wound in the american economy..Ted The drowing guy helped to de regulate the trucking industry ,,Got rid of a lot of union workers that worked for big union companies..Now the mexicans will put the coup de grace to the rest of the industry..Most dumb Americand will just stand by and watch the country go down the drain.. Ross had it right when he talked about the sucking sound about the american economy going down the drain..

2. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

There is a lot of anti-union feelings on this forum, this is right up their alley. I would imagine they are a hooten and a hollern with joy.

3. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Well, remember last week when Joe Biden stood before the Teamsters and warned them not to vote for Republicans, or they would be on their own?

They hooted and cheered and made it clear they support the Democrats, still.

It was Ted Kennedy that led the fight for de-regulation of the trucking industry in the late 70's when Jimmy Carter was in office.

That de-regulation led the many large carriers closing their doors and tens of thousands of Teamsters losing their jobs.

Now tell us how should we think about those who never learn.

4. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

This just means that drugs can now go non-stop to Chicago.

GREAT move Barry. Now you've doublecrossed your union buddies and it's just

another move that shows you don't give a fk about anything American.

5. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Active Member

We continue to vote these anti americans into office and this is the results.Do you ever wonder when the dumb americans will wake up,Ever wonder who is leaqding this country?????//The silent majority has been silent for to long,We spend to much time fighting among ourselves..We need to back a canadate who is 100% AMERICAN..It is easy to divide and conquor..To many cooks spoil the Broth..No the election..We have to get rid of the have nots..People that contribute to society should vote,,If you collect welfare you should not have a vote..Because you do not have a vested intrest in the country..You will just suck it dry.I worked all of my life and paid for all of the services..Let those that didn't pay..give them nothing..If the politicians want them to have money let them have some of the politicians money..Not the money that I have worked for..and paid into..It is time to end the american royalty for illegials..Or the invaders of our country..If any other country invades us we would be at war..If the russians sent 15 million people here we would be at war..

6. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

So now all you union people can do your talking in the voting booth! You are the people that elected our Supreme Leader Obama hope your enjoying it! :)

Oh ya I had to join a union this year so I am a card toten union member and a Republican! :)

Drink more gin in hot weather!

7. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Palos.........unfortunately your right. The silent majority has really never spoken, we just sit there and wish things were different. Maybe, just maybe this joker in office can jilt them enough to finally stand up and say "enough is enough we want our country back" and show it in the voting booth.

8. mooney

mooney Member

Not only is this latest betrayl by Hussein going to cost American jobs how many of you think that a Mexican truck is safe? How many of you think that one of these drunken cholos who can't even read or speak English has any business on our roads? I am so sick and tired of this country pandering to that useless, corrupt country to our South that I have the perfect solution. A "shovel ready" public works project entitled The Great Wall of the United Stated. It would extend from the Pacific to the Gulf of Mexico be 40' high the south face would be covered top to bottom with electrified razor wire, set back 200yds from the Rio Grande and the last 100yds would be mined with C;aymores interspersed. The military would be in charge and would be under orders to shoot any person crossing the middle of the Rio Grande. Of course, these measures would be supplemented by armed unmanned drones. It's time to stop pussyfooting with these parasites for once and for all. We don't need them and we sure as Hell don't want them.

Mooney-Glenn Wedding

9. Rick Barker

I suspect there will be a major push to turn every traffic sign on all roads, streets, highways, cities, large and small, bilingual. How many billions will that cost?

Watch!

10. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

We already have Mexican pilots flying Mexican airliners into this country every day- if that's a problem it hasn't yet been identified. Our air traffic controllers don't have to speak Spanish. Seems like much todooo about nothing to me.

11. Rick Barker

English has been spoken as universal language for all airline pilots all over the world for a long time.

12. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

When the pilled-up beaner hits the border no one will know how long he has been driving, and I would wager he doesn't keep a log book.

Look for lots of crashes and innocent people maimed and dying.

Also look for a little sniper action here and there.

HM

13. Rick Barker

"We don' kneed no stinkin' log books!"

14. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Or insurance....

15. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Yes, this is definitely a can of worms and a slap in the face to a lot of owner operators like my son in law.

They are talking at the truck stops and it's not happy talk.

Just another turd from the Obama toilet.

HM

16. oz

oz Active Member

the mexicans are going to shit when they see the price of gas/diesel in the good ol USA. oz

17. ken1okie

ken1okie Active Member

Working in Brownsville a few years ago, I was amazed at the number of ragged ass trucks with what appeared to be 12 year old drivers rolling back and forth across the border. Scary stuff.....

18. ctreay

ctreay Member

Anybody have any idea about where 15-20 year old trucks with a couple million miles on them end up? And now they are going to be coming back across the border with no DOT or ICC inspections. Accidents looking for a place to happen.

ctreay

19. pale horse

pale horse TS Member

I for one think this is bad for biz. I am fed up with those people coming north and taking job and bringing drugs here.

20. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

Wonder how much the Teamsters Union will donate for Obambi's re-election? Hope all union and non-union businesses who support Obambi take it up the caboose like the Teamsters have with the Mexican truck deal...Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.