1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mexican Swine Flu

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by JOND, Apr 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JOND

JOND TS Member

How many "undocumented Americans" do you suppose are crossing our borders bringing the flu with them or coming to get free health treatment for the disease? JOND

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

All of them that have it, thats for sure ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

A pandemic is an epidemic of infectious disease that spreads through populations across a large region; for instance a continent, or even worldwide.

An epidemic occurs when new cases of a certain disease occur in a given human population, during a given period, substantially exceed what is "expected," based on recent experience.

Just remember which government agency is using the words….(they toot their own horn louder)...

4. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

It would suck to be a Mexican pig right now. But what does it have to do with us?

5. jimrich60

jimrich60 Member

As far as something to really worry about right now, remember this is sweeps week for the networks. Without something else to make good headlines and attract viewers, I guess the swine flu works as well as anything. A handful of "possible" cases in the U.S. does not a pandemic make, but makes great news fodder.

Jim R

6. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

My wife just got home from Guadalajara this morning at 2:30. Said the airport was all masked and gloved. she wasn't. I hope she didn't pick it up.

7. atashooter

atashooter Member

Ah, sounds like a National Security threat to me... Drop 'em at the border. After seeing a couple hundred laying around, the rest will quit coming across.

8. Milkbone

Milkbone TS Member

I can't wait to see how this gets blamed on Bush.

9. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Amen Milkbone.

10. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Kind of reminds me of the Stephen King movie "The Stand" and Obama is Randall Flagg. This flu is even effecting oil and stock market prices.

11. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Milkbone,,,,this Crisis (remember never let a crisis go to waste) is going to be the "crisis" to push through national healthcare,,,,just watch this slimeball,,,,"we can't wait for national healthcare to go through the "normal process" so I _have_ to use an executive order!!!!

12. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Who cut funding to fight the flu?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VG2BbK0uWbE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VG2BbK0uWbE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

13. atashooter

atashooter Member

Hey Toolmaker... My wife said the same thing...First thing she thought of was "The Stand". Then of course, I am going around the house the rest of the day, going " Lumpty, Bumpty, Bump, FIRE". " The BIG Fire".

14. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

moon......spells flu.

tony

15. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

You may make fun of it but my guess is its a trial balloon. Last night a doctor said it was a mixed strain human,bird, and swine.Only can come from a lab. First off it's not the flu season. thats Jan.-March. Next all flus in the past have come from Asia NEVER any place else 3rd. right when all the collage folk are on spring break. DO you folks remember the thread on here about all those coffins, well.
    The next strain to be let loose will be the real killer. I pray that I'am wrong but I think we are under attack now and BamBam wont tell us squat.

16. sallyjane

sallyjane TS Member

Tony thats a good one. I think I'll pass on the mexican restaurant this week. You know the one with the really nice little guy who brings the water and the chips/salsa but cant speak a word of english. Looks like he just drove up and got out of the car. Yea, this week I'm passing.

17. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Some of you have said that it is a combined strain like it is almost started by unnatural causes. I agree I watch this nut case make all of the statement we all wish to ignore.

I do not however put anything past any of these not jobs. After the Swine flu is over with what will be next?

Small Pox or worse. Anthrax or a dirty bomb. Maybe the Swine flu is a test run for bigger things in the future.

I remember when these flu strains came by the last time. We were given months of notice and then there were shots available. This time Bang and it is here no shots no warning. I say no normal.

Bob Lawless

18. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Anyone think quarantine is better than monitoring the situation? Should look at the history of pandemics; look at 1918. We would certainly quarantine if we were talking about the Vietnamese. Seem to have our heads up our swines. BT-100dc

19. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Israel said that swine is not Kosher,,,,calling it Mexican Flu...

20. atashooter

atashooter Member

" Ci, you not have fever today, but you be hot tomale' "