1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Metro Money Shoot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Whiz Bang, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whiz Bang

Whiz Bang TS Member

Anyone know the results on Sundays handicap?

2. OldMnGopher

OldMnGopher TS Member

The Big Puffer from North Dakota won the big money on Sunday with a 97 in the caps. (that would be Dan Campbell)

3. hounddog41@charter.net

hounddog41@charter.net Member

Steve Ellis took the second spot for $800.00 with a 95. alex

4. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

When it comes to handicap shooting.... Isn't Mr Sletta's usual quote... "Sheep to shear, pigeons to pluck"???

I seem to recall that....

LWL

5. OldMnGopher

OldMnGopher TS Member

Zardo. It is true, Tom was rolling along. The squad ahead of us blasted the cord and we had to wait. Tom faltered a little and Dan won. I wonder if Dan had something to do with the cord being shot off... Bob

6. Whiz Bang

Whiz Bang TS Member

I was on the squad that shot the cord off. That was our lead of shooter. There was also an attempt on the cord by another shooter on the second trap. Then someone took the score sheet and we couldn't find it. Bob tried to convince us the score sheet was blowing in the wind in front of the trap and someone would have to retrieve it. I am sure this was playing on Toms mind and caused him to falter.

The puller found the score sheet in the club house.

7. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

Hey Jack....

With the cost of lead... and it being localized on the house... You could argue that Metro could recover the shot to offset the cost of the paint....

Bummer about the cord... Never seen that done at a shoot before...

LWL

8. OldMnGopher

OldMnGopher TS Member

LWL, I shot the cord off at Nebraska state shoot some years ago. Everbody thought it was funny except me. Bob

9. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

MNGoph...

Yes... I bet they did... I can't even imagine how much grief some of the guys I shoot with would pile on me.... You know tho, after the initial shock and teasing, it probably does make a good story later...

LWL

10. Luelife

Luelife TS Member

When OldMnGopher shot the cord off in Neb - Big Leo came over and said "thats ok Bob - no one saw that" that made it really funny. Then Bob took that cord plus a couple others and fixed them that night.

11. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

Luelife...
    Not that I would want to take advantage of someone elses misfortune... That had to have been hilarious, that line from BigLeo would make it a classic...

Thanks for the chuckle...
    LWL

12. Iowa Smoker

Iowa Smoker TS Member

Mr. Munson (Bob) or as I like to refer to him as Booby has had several humurous thigs happen to him over his illusrious career---ask him about spinning a donut on Indian School road one evening during the Spring Grand --others by request

13. OldMnGopher

OldMnGopher TS Member

I don't think the Iowa Smoker new what happened until he sobered up...

14. Whiz Bang

Whiz Bang TS Member

After the cord was fixed are lead off man missed the next target out. And ended with a 94. While walking back to his trailer he asked me if I thought a 94 would make him any money. I told him I hope it pays you enough to buy a new cord. He told me earlier this year he shot the main box at the Winona gun club and that cost him a pile.

I shoot with this guy a lot and we put a lot of humor into a otherwise embarrassing moment. He has such a flinch problem he has to set his trigger after he closes his gun when it is in the down position. Better him than me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.