1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Metro Gun Club, Angleton, Texas

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by AAA 27 AAA, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AAA 27 AAA

AAA 27 AAA TS Member

Can anyone tell me about the club in Angleton, Texas? Good background? How many traps? Shoot attendance, especially shoot scheduled for Dec 23 - Jan 1?

Thanks!

2. Don K8020

Don K8020 TS Member

I recently started shooting there. They have four fields, all facing north, each equipped with Pat Traps. There's about 4-500 yards of open field in front of the trap houses with a low line of trees at the far end. Essentially you are shooting against an open sky.

Great facility. It is not a private club. They have preactice every Saturday and registered targets every Sunday. Practice is $3.75 per round and registered is the same with a $4.75 registered fee added. They serve lunch every Sunday for $5.00.

They just finished with a week-long marathon shoot there. I know there's supposed to be another one either in December or in January.

In my opinion, a GREAT place to shoot, run by some extremely nice folks.

Don Anderson

3. AAA 27 AAA

AAA 27 AAA TS Member

Ron;

With it being a 10 day shoot, what kind of crowd is expected? What's the program?

4. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

I just spent five days there - 4000+ doubles & a few hundred singles. I love it at Metro and drive the 2500 mile round trip twice a year.

Neil

5. mojet

mojet TS Member

Don,

I take it the targets are 15.00 per hundred then is the 4.75 a daliy charge or per hundred charge?

Thanks, Larry

6. Wilma Harris

Wilma Harris TS Member

Sounds like it is just _registered practice only_ and no prize awarded tournaments a.k.a. compitition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
angleton trap club
metro gun club - tx
metro gun club angleton texas

metro gun club angleton tx

metro gun club texas
metro gun club txs
trap shooting in angleton tx
trap shooting metrogunclub angleton txs