1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Metro Gun Club - Angleton, Texas still open?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mimitrap, May 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mimitrap

mimitrap TS Member

Is the Metro Gun Club in Angleton Texas still open? If so is it open to the public or is it a private club? I have tried calling the numbers I have found and emails but with no luck. And are there any clubs on the east side of Houston that have trap, but not as far as Beaumont? Thank you! Michelle

2. Don Rackley

Don Rackley Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Michelle,

Yes, the Metro Gun Club is still open, they shoot every Sunday. Check the ATA webpage for details.

The club is owned and run by Charlie Long, they throw great targets against a blue sky.

Have fun!

3. mimitrap

mimitrap TS Member

Thank you for the info. Michelle

4. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

minitrap (Michelle),

The Metro Gun Club is, like my buddy Don stated, open for shooting and a very nice place to shoot. I was over there last weekend, and they throw good targets (sometimes it's a little windy down along the coast !), and good meals as well. Most of the time they are open on Saturdays, and throw registered targets on Sundays. The contact number for them might show up as Bill Hopper, but sadly Bill passed away toward the end of last year, so sometimes it's hard to update contacts. I have Roger and Sheila McCain's (the people who run the club for Charlie Long) e-mail and their phone contact numbers. Hope this helps.

Metro Gun Club
    2135 CR (County Road) 45
    Angleton, TX 77515

Roger McCain (713) 384-5592

Sheila McCain (713) 384-9976

E-mail contact: litehouse653@att.net

Hope this helps,
    Mike Hessong

Victoria (Texas) Skeet and Trap Club

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page