1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Metallic Reloading.... Brass situation

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SuperMotard, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperMotard

SuperMotard Member

With all the current events all my local retailers are out of brass for 223 rem, 44 mag, and 308.... Whats it look like in your area and where is the best place to buy brass. To be fair i just started reloading metallic and apprently couldn't have waited for a worse time to try and pick up componets. A few of the suggestions on other forums for brass resources have been sold out. So where is the best place to find inexpensive once fired dirty brass at?

TB

2. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Here is where 'hoarding' pays off.

First, you should have been saving every casing from every round you shot in the past - whether you planned to re-load or not it is yours and you might as well have kept it. Even rimfire has recycling value (what do you do with spent primers from shotshells?).

Spackel buckets are your friend...

Plus, whenever at the range don't be afraid to 'scrounge' for brass abandoned by others.

Not sure of your work-load, but a part time job at a range opens the door to cleaning up and the brass, etc. left behind by others.

right now prices are spiraling upward as we wait for the the other shoe to drop.

Start buying powder, primers, and bullets too...

Good luck.

You might try here:

http://www.natchezss.com/category.cfm?subCategory=214&catLevel=2

3. oz

oz Active Member

try ar15.com equipment,,,,reloading

4. Straight99

Straight99 Member

Check with your local ranges. A lot of brass is left at the range. I work part time at a range and keep me and my friends supplied with a lot of brass. After a police training session I have picked up 5 gallon bucket of 223.

5. gcessna

gcessna Member

Try craigslist I've seen ads in the past, Michiana there is an ad now for 1,000 once fired 9mm, best offer

GC

6. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

gunbroker .com has many people who sell brass, as well as surplus bullets, etc.

7. daveship

daveship Member

I have brass in 223 308. 40 s&w 9mm 45acp and 38 special. Anyone interested can e- mail me at Shippingdave@ Juno.com Thanks

8. SuperMotard

SuperMotard Member

Thanks for the ideas, not very many local ranges have a single piece of brass rolling around. I have some but surely not near enough brass. PM's Sent thanks for the great ideas.

A few people have told me about specialty people to just strictly sell brass but so far i've been striking out.

Merry Christmas eve..

TB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.