1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Metalife?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ec90t, Jan 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ec90t

ec90t Guest

To those of you that have had the Metalife coating done to a receiver, is it worth it? Does the coating hold up to the elements? What kind of prepwork is needed prior to shipping. I'm considering getting a 1100 receiver done.

I plan on contacting them later on this week, but though I'd get a little insight prior to the call.

Thanks,

ec90t

2. Jim Lambert

Jim Lambert Member

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

up please.

ec90t

4. goosedowner

goosedowner Member

I had it done to a 1911 frame that I used in competition and I was impressed with its durability. I have seen receivers done and they came out in a dull SS look to them. I would defiantly use them again if I had the need to.

Lee

5. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

If that is like the Ceramcoat it works good I done a rusty bolt for a win 70 and still on the locks

6. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

Oh they do the prep

7. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

You will be in touch with Ron Mahosky (http://www.mahovskysmetalife.com/) - he's a great guy to deal with.

He will do as much or as little work as is needed in prep (if you talk to him you can work this out - one word here - trust him on what he says is needed or not you will not be disappointed). He will disassemble the firearm to plate it, reassemble it, and test fire it before returning it to you.

The Metalife (http://www.metalifeind.com/) finish is an electroless nickle and gives a dull SS like finish - it is very thin in that it does not coat the metal but bonds down into the surface, so there is little if any build up. That being said it tends to fill micro-voids and hence will decrease friction (this is very noticeable in pistols).

It is wildly durable - I had a pistol done 25 years ago and it looks the same as the rifle I had done last year.

Great stuff

David D

8. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Thanks for the help guys!

I believe that a phone call will happen this week and arrangements made to get the receiver to him..

ec90t

9. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Metalife is a chrome plating, not a nickel plating.

10. 682LINY

682LINY Member

??? most chrome plating is done over a base plating ie: nickle that is polished,,,as chrome plate is clear??? thats what I seem to remember

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

can i put metalife coating

metalife coating