1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Metalife finish ???????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jeffprigge, Dec 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

O.K. i am sold on the finish and want to get it done on two sx 1 recievers and trigger guards . i am a little confused about the price ,Mahovsky's web page say's $60.00 for a shotgun reciever and i think $25.00 for trigger guard. down below that is extra polishing $20.00 hour , is there a lot of this involved ,i don't want to get into something that i think is going to cost around $125.00 a reciever and end up costing $250.00. any help will be appreciated. Jeff

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I beleive that Mahovsky's listing for the polishing is before the treatment. This is to remove pitting, deep scratches, etc. that may show after the finish has been applied. Much like you would prep a part for blueing!

ec90t

3. Bridger

Bridger Member

Jeff, unless prices have changed, 2 years ago I had a Remington 90T receiver, trigger guard and forearm parts done for $130 plus return shipping. That was for a satin finish on everything except the sideplates which were polished. Better call to confirm prices but I doubt you'll be able to find anyone who will do as nice of a job for what he charges and the finish will last forever.

4. Bridger

Bridger Member

Jeff, unless prices have changed, 2 years ago I had a Remington 90T receiver, trigger guard and forearm parts done for $130 plus return shipping. That was for a satin finish on everything except the sideplates which were polished. Better call to confirm prices but I doubt you'll be able to find anyone who will do as nice of a job for what he charges and the finish will last forever.

5. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

The phone # is 814-436-7747. hope this helps, Roy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.