1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Metal Refinishing...I need Rem 870 receiver redone

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by halfmile, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

I have seen 1100's around here that were done in the industrial plating business.

I think if you contact Doug Braker he can give you some insight.

HM

2. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

0   0   0

CW638york Economy Gunsmithing excellent bluing in the business Rich Painter Jake Parisi 724-266-0232. Top Notch.

3. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Sycamore Hill Designs did a great job on my Ithaca Model 37

4. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Always hear of good results with glenrock, never used them myself: http://www.gunbluing.com/

5. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Get some Birchwood Casey Rust and Bluing Remover and fine (000 or 0000) steel wool. Strip the reciever of all rust and bluing and polish it out. Receiver is now "in the white" and can be used "as is" - nice contrast to blued barrel and wood (if in good shape). Keep the receiver well protected with Sheath or other good gun finish protectant. Regards, Ed

6. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

0   0   0

Metalife reworked my muzzle (satin blue) and receiver (satin silver) with a 30 day turnaround and the price was right and the work good.

7. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

0   0   0

Chris,,E-Bay has a man in W VA, "Gunbluer@embarqmail.com",,434 941-4202. I have not used him or know of any one that has,,He says it is $85.00 plus shipping, 3 weeks turn around. Look him up on E-bay, Shootgun used parts.
    Norman

8. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

0   0   0

I seen one coated with a special paint kinda a silver finish probally something looks like an 870 express model. Unless it's a tb or tc model I wold paint it or cold blue. I've had good luck with cold bluing in the last 40 years.Good luck.
    RR

9. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

0   0   0

Nice work Richard. Is this something that you do for a living, or is a side business?

Please pm me as I'd like to discuss some work that I need done.

ss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

refinishing receiver on870