1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Metal Heads on Shotshells

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by phirel, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phirel

phirel TS Member

Active shells did not extract well in my K-80. They did work in many other guns. I was told that they did have steel inside the case head but I did not cut any open to confirm this.

Pat Ireland

2. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

Active may well have some metal in them . These do not so it is not essential to work good. these hulls were cheap about $.01 each and the screw on head was good for 50-60 reloads.

Rock

Jim

3. GordonWood421

GordonWood421 TS Member

ACTIV cases have a small "web" within the base that is usually not visible . Because of their disproportionate volume , they were great for hunting loads ; especially waterfowl .

They were just a bit too much ahead of their time --- IMLO ; YMMV .

Charlie

4. Klay_Buster

Klay_Buster TS Member

I still have some Wanda's and Eclipse hulls that were all plastic except for the primer. Wanda was a clear plastic with a over shot black plug. Not very reloadable. Eclipse shells had came in green, red, orange, had a normal crimp. Reloading them became a dangerious sport, as they would seperate in half, with the front half sticking part way down the barrel. Saw several guns blow up. That was in the mid 60's. They are no longer made, but did prove that all plastic could be done. The eclipse were fine shells, but the reloaders put the company out of business. Dave

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

Zardozforty- Lets cut one at the Dixie Grand. I will be the Anesthesiologist and you can be the Surgeon. Make sure the hull is adequately covered with health insurance.

Pat Ireland

6. Wentez

Wentez Member

Fact - A Wanda was made of a brittle poly-carbonate and would sometimes rip the rim off when you were using an 1100!

Fact - John Hall hooked up with Hiram Bradley to shoot the Wandas. At that time Hiram had about a 1400 straight long run in ATA shoots.

Fact - His average went South.

Not sure - Heard that Hiram was really centering his shells and the Wanda had somewhat of a doughnut or thin core to the pattern that resulted in Hiram's average dropping. The Wanda used an over the shot wad.

Geo

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

Does that mean that Dr. Zarod and I do not get to cut one at the Dixie Grand? I was going to reserve a card table just behind classification for this project.

Pat Ireland

PS - Jerry, I thought you already knew the answer to the question but you would not say anything until the experimental surgery was completed. Then you would say "I already knew that" and make fun of us. Certainly, we would deserve it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.