1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

---Metal Detector---????? Good One ?????

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Oct 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

+Whites, Bounty hunter, are probably the 2 most popular. Buy one of the better models. My wife and I both have Whites. Bulge.

2. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

if your looking for the yellow stuff you may want to make sure it is submersible. and work great as well at beaches cause not everything washes up.
    I have seen them used at local parks that have swimming(I asked the guy)for finding lost rings and watches change and lord knows what else. So dont limit yourself to just dry land.

3. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

0   0   0

I have a Garret brand I was aiming to buy a white but the local dealer which is a friend of mine said he has used them both and he preferred the Garrett because it had a few more extras on it at the time and was a little cheaper so I went with his advice but that has been about 10 years ago and im sure many things has changed since then.

Foggy

4. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

0   0   0

I have and like the Tesoro Golden U Max. Has different tones to let you know what you have found. Only takes one 9 volt battery. I also have two Tesoso Sidewinders, also U Max, I got for the grand kids but they got transfered so I would sell them. Check out Tesoro on the web and Ebay. I also have an older Whites 5900 but it is heavy and nothing like the Tesoro.Ray

5. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Well.....you never stated what you are looking for. It WILL make a difference on what type of machine you get. I have been detecting on and off for 30 years. [currently on] I can tell you that if your looking for nuggets [raw gold] No one here so far has give you the right answer. I cannot either since I have never looked for nuggets. There are people who specialize in this, the detectors are special as well. You will need to talk to them.

GS

6. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

0   0   0

I aways hunted coins and rings on dry land and Have used Whites and Garrets.

If I was to get into it again I would also go for a newer model that was for water. Water is less hunted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.