1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Metal Clip Shell Box

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by LocoChunk, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LocoChunk

LocoChunk Member

what are yalls thoughts on metel clip shell boxes? Has anyone had any problems with them?

2. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Careful: Easily scratches your nice shotgun.... Not necessary. Regards, Ed

3. LocoChunk

LocoChunk Member

antbody else have thoughts on it? Thanks for your post Ed

4. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

I prefer an all leather box carrier with leather belt loop. Woody

5. open choke

open choke TS Member

How exactly does it work

6. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I'm not sure everyone is on the same page here.

By metal clip shell box do you mean a leather box with a metal clip on the back that goes over your belt. If so, there's no problem, won't scratch your gun as it is not in a position to ever contact the gun.

If you mean a metal box and clip (which I haven't seen), that could scratch one's gun (metal vs. metal).

I prefer a snap-on to hold my box, but I have ones with the clip and have never had, nor heard, of a problem with them.

Bob

7. 870

870 Well-Known Member

I think he means the holders that are usually a leather strip and belt loop with a metal clip just as described. The clip is on the outside and is slipped up into a box of shells through the bottom, the box of shells becomes the "shell box". Without a box slipped over it, it can scratch things.

8. LocoChunk

LocoChunk Member

[​IMG]
    this is what im talking about

9. CROY1990

CROY1990 Active Member

LocoChunk, I bought one a couple of months ago. High quality and I like it. If you are not going to save boxes it is great. I don't reload anymore right now and don't save empties so you turnover the box and it slips right in and you tear off the bottom of the box. I really don't know how you would scratch your gun unless your careless. I shoot lead off and it let's me know when 5 shot's have been made. JMO

10. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Okay, I see. I always sorta wanted one like that, but I don't like to butcher my boxes and, for example, Winchester boxes and some Federal have closed bottom edges so they won't work right side up unless I cut a slit in them (butcher).

Quite a few shooters use them and I have never heard anyone say anything about the possibility of scratching their gun. I suppose one could, but ....

Bob

11. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

I have used one for years and love it. You do have to cut or tear the box but what the heck, boxes are everywhere for free. You do have to have two for doubles. Never a scratch. John

12. LocoChunk

LocoChunk Member

Thanks for all of the comments I was just wondering what people thought of them, before I bought one myself

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.