1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

met patrick flannigan

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by lumpys600, May 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lumpys600

lumpys600 Member

Patrick Flannigan stopped by my gun club for a youth days this sat. I only have a few words to say about the man. Pompus self centered a-s. If i would have invitied him i would have asked him to leave. But i didn't.

2. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

How do you like the way he talks up Mossburg! Pompus elf centered dumb ass is more like it. He is trying to sell that a Mossburg semi auto is better then a Sx-3 now. It's all pretty comical.Jeff

3. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

Who is Patrick Flannigan?

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Hmmm. When i met him and Tom Knapp about 4 years ago i did not sense that in Patrick. It was at a Bass Pro Shop though and he was still shooting for Winchester. Guess i didn't see the real Pat. Now i've met Tom Knapp twice and he was as nice as could be. He never once acted like he was avoiding me or didn't want to talk.

Patrick is a trick shooter. He holds the world record for most hand thrown targets thrown by him and each busted with a single shot before reaching the ground. I believe its 13 now??? Link above. See him for yourself.

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Why is no longer shooting a SX-3?

6. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

Money! Mossburg pays more.

7. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

No. No No... It's not money. It's becaus the Mossburg is a better and faster gun. Patrick has already said so. I can't wait to see him try and shoot a POS Mossburg as fast and accurate as a sx-3. That will be worth watching. It will be interesting to see how he talks his way out of that comment. Jeff

8. GoDawgs

GoDawgs Member

He listed one of the reasons for moving from Winchester to Mossberg was the fact that the Mossbergs were made in the USA.

9. grntitan

Jeff--I agree. He is no doubt a talented exibition shooter but he will have a hard time breaking his old record with that Mossberg IMHO. If truth be known, i'd bet he gave Winchester a more $money$ ULTIMATUM that they didn't agree with.

Just my guess as i have no idea of the truth.

10. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

GoDawgs

That is funny! Never bothered him all those years he shot for winchester. Jeff

11. coot shooter

coot shooter Member

I would have swapped affiliations also if I was Patrick. He did an exhibition down in Sparta for the SCTP kids 2 yrs. ago, and couldn't keep his SX3's running.

It doesn't seem as though the alloy receiver likes the heat. A couple gallons of water to cool them off didn't even work. 3 guns going to finish a piss poor exhibition.

I agree that he is an ass. He acted as though talking to the kids was a chore.

12. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

Patrick is an embarrassment to our sport. He is everything everyone said above and more.

He typically puts on a show at Sparta every year but has backed out numerous times because he didn't want to follow Scott Robertson.

If you've ever seen Scott's show, it's simply amazing the talent the guy has. Running a skeet field while riding a bicycle???? He's amazing. Patrick misses about 50% of his shots and his tricks are half as hard as Scott's.

Hence his nickname - Patrick Missagain.

I give him credit for being out their and doing it and he can shoot 100X better than I can but how he conducts himself in public is a joke.

13. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

could tell after watching the first video of his , he was an azz. Jeff

14. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

While he was under contract to Winchester and we were still a huge customer for Winchester's Xpert Steel product, one of my guys contacted Flannigan about appearing at our club for a public event... all I'll say is that he wouldn't shoot his sponsor's steel ammo... itty bitty kitty cat...

Jay

15. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

He's just a young guy full of himself, probably like many of us were at one time. His main talent is speed and he is extremely quick. There are other exhibition shooters who are full of themselves but I won't mention their names.

I guess since Benelli let Tom Knapp go he's out on his own now.

Of the shotgun exhibition shooters, Tim Bradley is my favorite, and no one can beat Jerry Miculek's revolver shooting.

16. lumpys600

lumpys600 Member

To the veiwer's of this web site. Do you think a e-mail to his sponsors would worth wild. The man is doing a huge disservice to the shooting sports world. He is being payed to promote shooting sports. Or do you think I should let it go and forget it. It just grinds my a-s that someone can act that way.

17. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster Banned TS Supporters

I heard Miculek is going to be shooting for Taurus.

18. grntitan

I personally like Bob Munden. That man can do some amazing tricks with a handgun.

19. TC

TC TS Member

Munden is amazing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.