1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Met an Olympian Yesterday

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by timb99, Oct 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Shawnee, Kansas, USA
    Its not every day that you get to meet someone who has competed in the Olympics, much less someone who competed in one of your favorite participation sports.

Yesterday I got to meet and chat with Diane Swanton who represented South Africa in Women's Olympic Trap in the 2008 Beijing Olympics.

How cool is that!?!?
  2. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Here where I live a Olmpian 22 speed shooter came over from England. I didn't meet him but wish I did. He was at the club and enjoying everything. The people who was around offered to let him shoot if he wanted to. As I was told his eye's lite(sp) up and with a big smile said "Yes I would". Someone came up with a pistol that was to his liking. While he was here he was granted a permit from the club to shoot as often as he wanted while here.

As you all know the Olympic shooting team has to go to France to practic. He even said it was a stupid thing. He enjoyed his stay here and thanked us for the time he was given to him.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.