1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Message from Newt

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Hap MecTweaks, Jun 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Interesting message from our former house speaker. Hap

2. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

Does anyone really believe Obama is listening. Did you not hear his speech as to the greediness of the U.S. in having such a high standard of living? I am not a big McCain fan but he is better for the possibility we can maintain close to our present standard of living than the alternative. He is not a big gun rights supporter but he isn't a sworn enemy either. And, yes Brian, voting for a third party, or no one, will insure Obama's victory. We are probable going to lose to a super majority in the Senate and what that will bring for a Democratic President. We will definitely lose the Supreme Court in Obama's case. He will get two or three nominations in his first four years. McCain has took on Ted Olsen as his judicial appointment adviser. I wish Mr. Olsen had argued the gun owners side of the case before the Supreme Court. We, as gun owners and freedom loving Americans, had better get our house in order or it's going to be a long four to eight years ahead. Jimmy Borum

3. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

I just forwarded Hap's link to Newt's message to my Senators and Congressman. Let your elected representatives hear it.

4. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

Funny. I never heard Newt talk about conserving any energy or using alternate sources of power. Wonder how much he is being paid by the coal and oil industries?

5. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

We can't conserve our way out of this one and alternate sources of power while great for the future, are not sufficient at the present time to meet our needs. Like it or not this country runs on oil and will for some time to come. If the supply is not increased and costs continue to rise the economy is in for some serious trouble.

6. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

Dearest Jakearoo -- Might suggest you relisten to Newt. comments. Or is it you would rather support the altenative? - Jim

7. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Your right Jimmy. Not voting is suicide.

8. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Thanks for the post.

I agree with Newt. We need to use our technology and our natural resources instead of sending billions overseas to purchase energy.

I enjoy listening to Newt speak. He inspires confidence just by the way he speaks.

Ed Ward

9. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

It's high time we let our elected officials know this non-sense has to stop! China has high tech drilling rigs just off the Florida coast (within 75 miles)drilling for oil now. With the "slant" drilling capabilities, they can tap into the reserves that we should be harvesting ourselves!! This plan of buying foreign oil and saving ours for later is well on it's way to bankrupting the U.S. and danged quick! What happens to supply and demand if gasoline hits $16.00 per gallon? Boone Pickens said today on Fox that he looks for oil to reach $150.00 per barrel very soon! It wasn't that long ago that oil was $30.00 a barrel, how long till its $300.00 per barrel? Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.