1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Message from Kim Rhode regarding her Stolen gun

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Michael Gregory, Sep 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael Gregory

Michael Gregory Member

Kommiefornia, but North Idaho soon... REALLY!
    Kim Rhode, in an effort to do everything possible to get her gun back, asked me to repost her response from another thread as it's own thread. Thanks to all for your understanding, help, and concern.

This is a message not from me, Michael Gregory, but from Kim Rhode, who is dictating it to me over the phone. She is currently at a competition in Colorado Springs. Kim wanted to say the following: " The gun and ammuntion was in the back seat, on the floor boards of the pickup truck, in a locked case, completely covered with clothes from the photo shoot, makeup, shoes, shooting bag, a blanket, and a bunch of other stuff. In fact it was on the very bottom of the pile and could not be seen whatsoever. I basically had covered it up like this, deliberately, at least an hour before arriving at the shopping center. There was money and tools in the car, some of my olympic clothing, and other valuables, as well as ammunition, as mentioned above, all of which were also well hidden, and none of which were touched. This has come as a huge shock to me, and I am hopeful that the gun will be returned or found, or that someone saw something or recognizes someone. The gun is an MX-12 Perazzi, serial # 84961. It has Olympic stickers, and world cup stickers on the bottom of the stock, and the stock also has a G-Squared. The stock is also very distinguishable by it's extreme offset, and a black grip cap, which is there because the stock bolt can only be accessed from underneath the grip cap (the offset is so great that the stockbolt would otherwise be on the outside of the stock). The stock was made by Wenig Gunstocks. On the barrel there are two small stickers on each side of the barrel that read Perazzi and Winchester, both are in red. The barrels are 26 1/2" barrels with screw in chokes, and have a Schnabel forend. The gun case is also very distinct, it is an Americase with my name embroidered in gold inside. It also has my name, address, and phone number on the outside. As far as leaving the car in a shopping center parking lot is concerned, the stop was a quick errand unplanned and done on a whim on the way home. Thank you all for your support and please keep your eyes peeled at the range, pawn shops etc., for the gun. There is a $5000 reward for any information which leads directly to the return of the gun. The Riverside Sheriff's department. Lake Elsinore station, can be reached at (951)245-3300. "

2. bluedevil

bluedevil Active Member

Seems to me Kim did all she could to conceal it. Sad story and hope she gets it back. Kim is a credit to all shooters and does not deserve all the snide remarks from some of our posters. Good luck Kim.

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Good luck in Colorado Springs, although without YOUR gun it sure makes things difficult.

Keep us posted here on TS.COM on the status.

Whiz White

4. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

thieves serve no purpose on this earth.

5. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Kim has a back-up gun set up like the stolen gun, but as we all know it will shoot and feel just a little different. I am guessing that some one followed her to the mall knowing exactly where the gun was. Kim gives so much of her time that she was probably spotted at some ceremony or presentation. We are wishing her the best in the gun's return. Fred

6. zelmo96

zelmo96 Member

I hope the coward/traitor realizes what he or she did is an act of treason. Kim Rhode represented our country at the olympics. I hope that this person is caught and punished accordingly. The shame if it is a fellow shooter. GOOD LUCK KIM, YOU ARE A TRUE CHAMPION. Your backup gun will serve you well. Al Baker.

7. bkms

bkms Member

fearlessfain wrote thieves serve no purpose on this earth. Well i think they do, they are called democrats along with the rest of their scumbag people. As long there is no law (should i say paying for your crime) in this country, we will continue to have the problems we have today. It will only get worse if obama is elected. Now back to the gun, I hope Kim retrieves her gun and then shoots the rotten no good bturds that took it. I would........

8. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

"thieves serve no purpose on this earth. " Not so! They make for great target practice! Find them and send them to me! AndyH

9. beeper

beeper Member

to bkms..... way to go right-wing-crazied person. You sucessfully contiminated a serious thread, non political, with your grade school venomus crap. Grow up!

10. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Seems to be an epidemic. Harlan had his stolen a few years ago. Many of the people I know who are on a shooting circut have had their guns stolen usually at dinner or at the hotel.
    seems a few dead crooks would help.

Does anyone know if there is a small gps tracker that could be installed in our guns like a lojack for guns. Then the crooks would be caught and with a gun andthey would have to do fed time in most instances.

Joie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.