1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Message Deleted

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Mike Michalski, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

What am I missing here? Seems like I'm seeing "Message Deleted" in a lot of threads lately. Are people using bad language or inappropriate subjects? If these are the same people maybe they should be deleted. Will this thread get deleted?

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

I think if the moderator deletes it will be gone forever but if you delete it your self it will now say message deleted showing the world you had something to say but later changed your mind ... kind of makes it more difficult for the trolls to now attack and then delete without leaving a trail of there antics.

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I think it's something people are typing on their own because sometimes both words begin with a capitol letter, sometimes just one and sometimes none (yes, I've wondered about this, too). If the system was programmed to insert that wording into a deleted post, it would be the same every time.

Ed

4. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Well lets see.

5. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

I deleted a post and it left "message deleted" behind. I don't like this part of the new system. If I delete the message, I'd like to be out of the thread altogether, but that's just me.

6. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

I deleted the second post and this is what I got.

7. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Shawn,

On my thread, the "message deleted" continues, unexplained.

Rollin

8. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

The "message deleted" part of this forum; many times gives one the impression that the person who deleted their message made some type of an off color comment or whatever and deleted it. Many times a person doesn't realize that their original response to a thread went through and issues the response a second time. When they discover they have left 2 identical responses they go back and delete on of the responses. Then it appears that they said something off color or decided not to respond. Which isn't true. I liked to old way better. Ed

9. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I'm with esoxhunter. I made an error on my very first post with this new system and ended up with 3 duplicate postings. I immediately deleted the extra postings to save the bandwidth and all only to see the postings still there but with the deleted message. While it's kinda nice to put the argumentative types on notice that their deleted message will have a trail left, it's not necessary when someone just wants to clean up his error in a double or more posting. I'd prefer to just see it go away.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

10. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Bob Dodd,

Instead of "deleting" the accidental duplicate posting, just "edit" it. In the editing, delete what you originally wrote and write something like "Oops, sorry for the duplicate posting." That way, everyone understands you just made a mistake in posting and that you are not deleting something that was offensive or off color.

11. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Good idea, Easy, but that doesn't save the available bandwidth - assuming I'm anywhere near using the right language....Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.