1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Merry Christmas from Kenent Screw Mach. Products

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by KENENT1, Dec 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

Merry Christmas from everyone here at Kenent Screw Machine Product, to your family.

tony

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Merry Xmas to you to, sir..........

Screw Machines........ah.........It takes a real brain to run those complicated machines............

Did I mention I ran them for 30 years.........lol lol

I see you are located in Rockton, Il....

Hauxfan!

3. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

Right out side of Rockton, we run mainly cnc swiss anymore...the days of the large Brown & Sharpe, Greenlee, etc, orders are on their way out, most orders are getting smaller and smaller.

Hauxfan...where are you located??

tony

4. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I'm in Waterloo, Ia. I retired out of John Deere Component Works.

My Dad ran screw machines and I followed in his footsteps.

We ran mainly Acme-Gridley's and Cones. We had 9/16" Acme Gridleys all the way up to 5 1/4" machines.

We had a few New Britians and one or two Brown & Sharpe, but I never had to run those very much. Thank God........I hated those New Britians. No two were alike..........a bunch of junk in my estimation.

I loved to see those machines run.

I retired in 92 and the orders were getting smaller then. The people upstairs I don't think had any idea what a screw machine was. They wanted us to set up on short runs and then complained because we had more setup time than we did running time. lol lol I'm sure you understand.

Hauxfan!

5. spclays1

spclays1 TS Member

We used to have 4 B & S screw machines. In the 80's we replaced them with Citizen Swiss Turn's. We replaced them in the late 90's with Tsugami's. The guy's that ran the B&S's earned their money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.