1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MERINADE FOR GOOSE BREASTS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by yukon_870, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yukon_870

yukon_870 Member

Does anybody have a good merinade recipie for goose breasts?

2. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

5W-30.....:)

3. seymore/82

seymore/82 Active Member

Here's the only way to do them. Let the breast get to where its almost frozen and then slice it into 1/4 strips using a electric knife. Then soak them over night in Italian dressing. Dump the dressing off and roll the strips in a pepperchino in the inside and a strip of bacon. Stick a soaked tooth pick, in water to keep it from burning, thru the rolled up KaBob and grill for approximately 10 minutes. These make great appatizers. I just made 4 breasts for a Christmas party, approximately 40 Kabobs.

4. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Dirty 5W-30... really improves the flavor!

Worst tasting piece of animal I ever ate!

MK

5. Pull-it!

Pull-it! Member

Very similar to seymore/82, but a little different. An old timer in Stuttgart told me about this one.
    Cut breast meat into cubes about 2" x 2" and put in a conatiner with 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1/4 olive oil, and a 1/2 cup italian dressing. Make sure to try and cover all of the meat. Let sit overnight. Take out of container and throw away merinade. Wrap with bacon and stick with tooth pick, place on grill When the bacon starts to look done its ready. I have had people refer to these as filet mignon bites. These were the same people that told me they hate duck, and goose and would never eat it. Suprise!

6. thomaslea1

thomaslea1 Member

Foe those of you above who like to hunt but not eat, I can send you an address to mail me your FROZEN breasts. Otherwise:

Fillet (butterfly) the breast
    Soak in a mixture of salt water and red wine vinegar for 2 days and drain
    Marinate for 3 days in
    6 tablespoons of soy sauce
    3 tablespoons of lemon juice
    1 cup brown sugar
    A taste of garlic
    ½ teaspoon of meat tenderizer
    Cooking
    Stuff with jalapeno rings
    Optional – add crème cheese filling
    Wrap with bacon
    Cook on gas grill on medium for 7 minutes per side

Options:
    Stuff with Greek or Italian sausage instead of jalapenos

7. missed some

missed some TS Member

I slice mine cross ways lenghtways whatever, to get it thinner, pound with hammer and chicken fry..........really great that way, normally i ain't crazy about waterfowl, but this is good mark crist

8. Fanugee

Fanugee Member

Good brine recipe
    http://www.jfolse.com/recipes/poultry/turkey12.htm

Then cube up the goose breast and put in a crock pot with apple cider and brown sugar (go easy here) cook for 6-8 hours. Drain almost all the apple cider. Then use a wooden spoon to tenderize the meat, then add your favorite BBQ sauce to taste. Break out the hamburger buns and cold beer. Your family will think it's pulled pork.

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

I would suggest soaking the Goose breast in good Shine. Then half way through the meal, you will not notice how bad the meat tastes. Currently, the best Shine is made in Floyd County VA.

Pat Ireland

10. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Crock pot 2 breasts, add a can of pie filling (your choice of cherry, apple, etc) and enough water to cover. Slow cook all day, then enjoy that evening.

I like the cherry filling best, but each to their own.

Curt

11. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Ok Pat- I will send you some pork carnitas and salsa if you send me some of that shine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.