1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mercury Recoild Reducers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BradinIdaho, Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradinIdaho

BradinIdaho TS Member

Does anyone have any recommendations on adding a mercury recoil reducer? I shoot a F3 and haven't had any flinching problems but want to pre empt any problems. I also put a Gooey pad on and like it alot.

Note: THe F3 has a balancing system in the stock mount hole so I would need to drill seperate hole to place system next to butt stock.

Will adding that weight to the butt section make a significant difference in gun balance?

Thanks

2. Bridger

Bridger Member

I would not do it. The two weights you already have in the buttstock are helping recoil. As you said, you'd have to drill another hole. You're going to substantially alter the balance of the gun with even more weight to the buttstock. I'd find a load that works comfortably for you, make sure the gun is a good fit, and add a better recoil pad. Is the recoil excessive for you now? If so, adding a reducer or more weight will help some but is not the cure.

3. jhoward

jhoward Member

If it is an O/U that you are shooting, you could try adding one of the styles made to fit in an empty chamber of an O/U.

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

A heavy shotgun has less felt recoil than a light one. How important is balance once you shoulder the gun? Hap

5. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

I, too, have an F3, but its a sporting gun.I would not drill the stock out. If you really need more weight, get another tungsten weight from Blaser. IF that still is not enough, go to a golf shop and get some lead tape to wrap around the weights. Since you can move these weights around to get an ideal balance (this is a really good setup to "get it right"), I feel its a much better solution than the other static devices...and I've used them all on other guns.

WNCRob

6. mt92

mt92 Member

I have a Browning XS Special with the factory adj comb, does anyone make a mercury tube that would fit my gun without alterations?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.