1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

#####MERCURY RECOIL REDUCERS#####

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by alfermann66, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

They had better...I just bought $110 worth.

Buz

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

The weight is the key. Also, as the gun moved back into our face/shoulder, the mercury tends to stay in place in the reducer. This causes the front face of the reducer to push against the mercury. If the mercury actually moved forward, as some probably assume, it would counter some recoil. But, this does not happen. The mercury tends to stay in place and the gun moved back against the mercury. The lack of forward movement of the mercury gets us back to simply adding weight.

Loose shot wrapped in a sealed heavy cloth has worked for me without any problem. Considering the price of shot, this might be an expensive way to add weight, but so is a mercury reducer. I have three of them.

Pat Ireland

3. redix

redix TS Member

Didn't work on my Browning Broadway & it altered the balance so I couldn't shoot it well.

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I melt lead in copper tubing of various sizes for adding weight to my shotguns. Can be cut for an exact size hole to fill the space with the desired amount of weight wanted.

Copper tubing filled with 8 ounces of lead has a different felt recoil than does 8 ounces of mercury. Solid weight is quicker acting in the "felt" department. Hap

5. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I use one in my Citori Sporting 32" - helped with the balance and recoil.

Jay

6. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

If the movement of the mercury does not affect felt recoil then how does an auto loader reduce felt recoil compared to an O/U of the same weight? Why does my auto loader feel softer when it has a shell in the magazine compared to no shell in the magazine??

Jim Skeel

7. gold40

gold40 Member

I use one on my Citori and think it helps me.

JERRY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mercery reducer citori