1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mental Management Systems???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dbls_champ, Apr 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbls_champ

dbls_champ TS Member

Just went to Lanny Bassham's website and was curious if anyone on here has ever purchased his products and if so how did they work for you?

2. sako2115

sako2115 TS Member

I liked the "Mental Capabilities of Trapshooting" by Phil Ross...re. the mental game; saw it sold at this site.

3. schockstrap

schockstrap Active Member

I'm a big fan of Lanny Bassham's stuff. I bought the book "With Winning in Mind" a few years ago, and have read it at least twice every year since. There's no magic formula in the book, but I think it really helps put some things into perspective and explains the reasons why we all fall into mental "traps" that hinder our performance. Lanny teaches some excellent methods for avoiding those mental pitfalls.

I've also purchased the CD that he is selling for trapshooters. At first I was really disappointed because it seemed like a 50-minute advertisement that I paid $25 for... The book cost me like $10 or so when I bought it, and I thought I got more out of it than the CD. But now I listen to that CD about 2-3 times a month as I drive somewhere, and I really think there's a lot of little tid-bits that he throws in his ramblings if you listen carefully.

Of course, I'm one of those guys that has always had a problem thinking too much while playing sports. I usually had enough athletic ability to overcome some of the over-analysis, but probably would have been much better at everything if I knew the stuff that Lanny Bassham teaches. If you are the type of person that just "goes out and does it" without thinking, it's going to sound like jibberish.

--Dan

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Been using his methods for over 25 years. There is nothing better. A true understanding of how to perform at the highest level. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.