1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mental Health Issues in the U.S. Population

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by timberfaller, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

My senator Cantwell just informed me that One in Seventeen Americans have a "debilitating" mental health issue!!!

Must be campaigning of more medicare recipients!

Here is what she sent me,

"According to the National Institute of Mental Health, approximately one in 17 Americans suffers from a seriously debilitating mental illness."

2. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

And they all run for office.

Or we have 25 misfits in the House and 6 in the Senate.

3. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Good one Rick.

4. 100straight

100straight Member

Actually I think it closer to 1 in 2. They are called democrats.

5. rw993

rw993 Active Member

Less than 6% of the population. You can just about see that walking down the street in any major metro. Might be a little rich, but there are a crap load of whack jobs out there.

Don't take anti-depressants!!!! Only reason you would is if you are a W/J, in the eyes of our illustrious representatives.

RW

6. larrystrollo

larrystrollo Member

And they all post on TS.com....

7. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Good point, Rick. Does anyone out there think this sucking economy has anything to do with it? I believe this "new normal" has put great pressures on people who have lost their jobs or the fear of losing their jobs. Economics have a lot to do with it. Many young people have to live with Mom & Dad, especially college grads who can't find a decent job. That's pathetic and we continue to put up with it. There's a lot of blame to go around. Think it's going to get a lot better (that's why people use the word "new normal" versus returning to the good ole days). I believe that's what the transformation of America means and we will not be going back. I'm thankful that my formal working career is behind me. BT100dc

8. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Many have placed the spotlight of gun control on the mentally ill (defective). Are all mentally ill (defective) people criminals? Or has the definition of mentally ill (defective) undergone a transition over the past decades? Should not the focus be on criminality? Or will criminality be redefined in a post Constitution government? Are all criminals deemed mentally ill?

We are treading on thin ice because mental illness can be defined by a perspective for example, religious persons may define mentally ill as non religious persons or gays may define mental illness as those who are not gay...

Right now there is a White House petition that accuses the Catholic Church of being a hate group because of the Church's stance on gay marriage. Catholic's haters(mental defective's?)

I would say don't go down this path with the mental illness arguement which is one I think President Reagan approached with caution when he said something to the effect that even the mentally ill had a right to hunt in order to feed themselves...

Or what happens with mentally ill vs criminal or mentally ill vs mentally ill for that matter? Or mentally ill vs more mentally ill?

Taking it one step further, what if a tyrannical dictator defined all his opposer's as mentally ill?

This is why we have a Second Amendment.

9. rpeerless

This is why those who oppose gun control period, understand the Second Amendment.

10. Rick Barker

Like I said, a mentally ill person cannot buy a gun, but they can run for office.

11. rpeerless

Constitutional lawyer Mark Levin had an excellent suggestion of background checks for all civil servants. I believe he also suggested legislating an exam that would find whether or not candidates are mentally fit for office.

Additionally, IMHO, it would seem that our government has become a hate group against the mentally ill, at all levels and variations of the disease and is seriously exploiting them.

12. Rick Barker

rpeerless

Very good point.

When Obama signs the bill he can have Biden, Pelosi, Reid and himself in the photo-op representing the mentallty ill.

13. rpeerless

Levin mentioned Pelosi's crazy-eyed looks and her inability to grasp the proper words when speaking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.