1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEN'S OLYMPIC TRAP FINAL IS LIVE RIGHT NOW

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Reed, Aug 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reed

Reed TS Member

NBC is actually broadcasting it live on the internet right now. It wasn't on the schedule!!

http://www.nbcolympics.com/shooting/index.html

This is actually really cool....They have a lot of different camera angles, and are even showing slo-mo shot strings and even close ups on target breaks.

2. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Thanks for posting this...

It's not enough that it was hot and humid, but apparently they were shooting in the rain. Wow.

I like the commentary (written) that tells you who's up and what's happening. Very cool.

One question, why do they get a test fire shot?

3. Reed

Reed TS Member

Test firing is just supposed to get your body used to the recoil/feeling. There is no practice the day of competition, you go out fresh. They test fire every morning, but only for the first round. Then they test fire before the final probably because there's a 3(ish) hour break in between the qualification and final rounds.

4. Reed

Reed TS Member

Here are the final results. They have each target of the final recorded.

http://results.beijing2008.cn/WRM/ENG/INF/SH/C74H/SHM401101.shtml#SHM401101

Gold Medal: David Kostelecky CZE 121 + 25 = 146/150

Silver Medal: Giovanni Pellielo ITA 120 + 23 = 143/150

Bronze Medal: Alexey Alipov RUS 121 + 21 = 142/150 (+ 3 in the shoot off)

Alexey Alipov (RUS) and Michael Diamond (AUS) got into a shoot off for the bronze medal. Michael missed a straightaway, leaving Alexey with the bronze.

5. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

I just caught the last of the video showing the bronze shootoff. Is this whole thing available for saving and replay later? Thanks.....Rick

6. Reed

Reed TS Member

The whole final is available in the video section:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/shooting/video/index.html

The medal ceremony is taking place right now. Once that is over, the entire video will be stored on the website.

7. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

"It appears the Trap medal ceremony will be held in the Shooting Hall. I doubt if there are many spectators." "It looks like the Victory Ceremony has been canceled due to the weather."

How sad (I took these comments right off the site). It sure sounded like there were more people outside in the rain watching.

8. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

The full Men's Trap Final replay video must not be available yet as I can't seem to find it. If anyone has a link to the whole video including the shootoff for the bronze, I would sure appreciate your posting it here. Thanks....Rick

9. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

I think I heard that is going to be televised on MSNBC at around 2:00, so keep checking back!
    -Trappy

10. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

I can't believe I stayed up until 2:00 am watching Men's trap. Boy, what we do to support our sport! Thank heavens for high speed internet!

11. Reed

Reed TS Member

I'm guessing it might not be up on the website until it airs on the network. The women's 10m Air Rifle and the men's Air Pistol are both up there, but they have already aired on television. Hopefully it will be posted on the website for everyone. The final wasn't even on the schedule to air online...none of the trap events are actually...So I don't really know what's going on with the NBC website.

12. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Woo Hoo!

They're gonna show a replay!!!!

Right now on MSNBC!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.