1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Men And Ear Rings

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Lead Man, Sep 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

Why men wear earrings
    A man is at work one day when he notices that his co-worker is wearing an earring. The guy knows his co-worker to be a normally conservative fellow, and is curious about his sudden change in 'fashion sense.' He walks up to him and says, 'I didn't know you were into earrings.'
    'Don't make such a big deal, it's only an earring,' he replies sheepishly.
    His friend falls silent for a few minutes, but then his curiosity prods him to ask, 'So, how long have you been wearing one?'
    'Ever since my wife found it in my truck.'
    (I always wondered how this trend got started)

2. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Good one. A few years back, one of my buddy's younger brother came out to shoot and was sporting a diamond earring. I commented "hey nice...my sister has one just like it". After a few months, it was gone. Whats really pathetic are guys (especially over 40 and fat) who run around with a pony tail...Birkenstock sandals optional...lol.

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Don't forget the Volvo Jimx200.....Bob Dodd

4. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

jimx200,

I'm 53, have long hair often pulled back in a ponytail, and wear a gold stud in my left ear. I am not fat however and don't know what a Birkenstock sandal is, but I guess you've decided I'm pathetic nonetheless.

Oh well we all can't be perfectly appropriate like you. You should relish those of us who live in pathetic bliss--we make those like you look the more pretty.

Great joke Lead Man!

Guy Babin

Pathetic old hippy at large

5. chessney

chessney TS Member

When I was a kid this young chick talked me into letting her peirse my ear. When my dad saw it, he asked me If I sit down to piss now...Ziggy

6. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Bob,

Does this mean you won't be willing to be my occasional virtual trap mentor anymore???

Guy

7. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

I think the trend has been around a lot longer then your friends wife finding an ear ring in his truck.

Pirates sported lots of ear rings and at one time when I was in the US. Navy I was told that when you cross the equator for the first time you can sport an ear ring like a Pirate. They have been around for a while.

Fat old founding fathers of this country also sported pony tails or had wigs on to make it look like a pony tails. American Indians also had pony tails and still do to this day. Lots of bikers have them also.

Nothing new here .

8. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

Hey guys it's just a joke. Didn't mean to stir the pot just wanted pass along a funny line or 2.

9. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I liked the joke.

I'm not into the piercing thing though and find it to be something that belongs in the freak show --- especially the stud in the tongue deal. What are these people thinking? Oh well it's their flesh and this is the land of the free.

10. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

I thought it was funny, though I wouldn't wear an ear ring because I'm not secure in my manhood, I guess. After raising seven kids I should be. BRGII

11. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

I always thought 2 kinds of men have ear rings, pirates, and those who are light in the loafers, and I don`t see many ships on the trap field. JMO.

Tom R.

12. widomaker

widomaker TS Member

You need to get out more Tommy. There's a big world out there past the trap line. Try it somtime you might learn theres more than 2 kinds of men out there. JMO.

13. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Guy, heck no just havin' fun which I thought the others were too. I didn't see any comments to be taken seriously and often enjoy making fun of my own self and assume others should be willing too. After all, we all poke fun at "over nourished" trap shooters and skeeters in pink high heels; all of which is pseudo hyperbole anyway. Heck you can make fun of my propensity to eat apple fritters and being a well nourished, retired cop if you wish. You shouldn't be offended...breakemall....Bob Dodd

14. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

None taken Bob, I too was having fun--sorry my post didn't translate that way. That's what happens when we remove vocal and visual feedback from our communications.

The type of humor I use quite often does not translate well on forums... you'd think I'd get that in my pea-brain by now.

My buddies and I revel at picking on each other; quite often the most hilarious times are when we mix in adult beverages with our good intentioned barbs!

All good,

Guy (The not so sensitive one.)

15. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

I remember a guy falling into formation with his earring in and my platoon sergeant tearing it out of his ear and then handing it to him. 1978 or so Ft Hood. Yes he was bleeding and yes this E7 would fist fight you if you were so inclined.

16. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Guy, I get the same problems whether humorosity or cleaverness. Heck, ask Bob Lawless if he's ever gotten over my calling him "Sir" Ivanhoe based on his sign in name. And, when I threw in a cop donut joke I had several retired coppers jump in my shorts not knowing I was making fun of my fraternity. Life's too short to be full of fatal seriosity.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

17. Juno

Juno TS Member

There's earrings under this helmet.
    [​IMG]

18. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Something about which ear you wear it in, right-left has something to do with it.

19. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

All is good. I just thought you guys were serious. My apologies, new here.

20. DJM

DJM Member

I don't mind the ear rings but if you are going to wear a pony tail for gosh sakes shampoo your hair once in a while. That greezy biker look on those of us over 50 gives me the willies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.