1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Memorial Day Weekend ATA Shoot, Mt. Morris, NY

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DaveChic, May 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveChic

DaveChic TS Member

Mt. Morris Sportsman's Club, 2887 Swanson Road, Mt. Morris, New York will be having their annual Memorial Day Weekend ATA Shoot on Saturday, May 29, 2010 and Sunday, May 30, 2010.

Saturday's program is 200 singles targets and 50 pair of doubles and Sunday's program is 100 singles, 100 handicap, and 50 pair of doubles. Saturday's singles are also the Club Championship. Entries open at 8:00 a.m. and shooting starts at approximately 9:00 a.m.

All orange white flyer targets will be thrown off of Pat-Traps. Costs are $23.00 per hundred plus ATA and NYSATA fees. Singles entries close at noon, handicap at 2:00 p.m. and doubles at 3:00 pm. Doubles will be shot anytime during the day off of the doubles trap.

Breakfast and lunch will be served. Trophies will be awarded, as usual.

Mt. Morris Sportsman's Club is located in Mt. Morris, New York, approximatley 35 miles south of Rochester, New York with easy access off of Interstate I-390.

For more information, you can call the club at 585-658-4519 on Thursday Night, reach me be E-Mail or call me at 585-519-9543.

Hope to see you all on the weekend.

Dave Cichelli, Mt. Morris Sportsman's Club

2. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

If you are in upstate NY and want the Premier Shooting spot, go to this place.

Mt. Morris is an outstanding place to shoot and as always, a great group of people are there to welcome you.

Will see you folks this summer...

Dave & Judy in SC

3. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I'll be there Sat & Sunday. This has to be my favorite club in Western NY.

4. DaveChic

DaveChic TS Member

5. DaveChic

DaveChic TS Member

6. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Ron Burdick will be along here soon to bump it again...

7. shotgunpeople

Funny you mentioned Ron. We stopped over to see Mary Ann and Ron at their new home here in South Carolina, and he sure has been busy. The home is beautiful, and what a workshop he has...I know the SC shooting community has gained by having him here.

Hope to see you ya'll at the Ted Yates memorial shoot this summer.

Dave & Judy in SC

8. DaveChic

DaveChic TS Member

9. larrystrollo

larrystrollo Member

Up for one of the best shoots in the area.

10. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I better get out and do some reloading tonight.

How many people usually show up for this?

11. larrystrollo

larrystrollo Member

Lots - I think they threw 35,000 birds over the two days last year.

12. shotgunpeople

Rich,

If the weather is good, you will see 75+ folks shooting each day...They know how to get them through in good time, as they have been doing this for years.

This is one of the best shoots in Western / Central New York that you won't want to miss.

Dave in SC

13. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

I'am only doing this because Dave is a Boston Redsox fan.LOL Have a great shoot guys. Bernie

14. shotgunpeople

Barney,

If I hop a Lear Jet out of Santee (LOL), maybe I can make it by start time today...25 minutes to go folks....don't miss this one.

Dave in SC

15. Doubles Shooter

Doubles Shooter Member

Saturday's shoot was great. The weather was excellent, the food was great, and the targets were flying nicely. Our Amish neighbors had a bake sale with all kinds of cookies, pies, sweet rolls, and other goodies to help us Trap Shooters maintain their physical stature LOL.

Come up today for more of the same.

Dave, Get Ron and hop on that jet. We miss you guys up here.

Bob

16. shotgunpeople

Hey Bob,

Cloud cover here in Santee is preventing us from flying out in time...Hope you have another great day, and thanks for keeping Ron and me posted.

Sorta glad we couldn't make it because we are both trying sooo hard to get rid of our trapshooters hangover (belly) and those Amish goodies would be too tempting...I know I will sample some when we get up there this summer.

Let us know who won the events this weekend.

Dave in SC

17. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Thanks to Mt. Morris for hosting an awesome shoot! The weather was crazy hot and my face now feels like its on fire but it was well worth it. I'm definitely looking forward to the shoot on June 27th!

18. shotgunpeople

RICH219,

I didn't think you would be disappointed in their shoot...Glad to hear you had a good experience there.

Bob G. wrote and told me some of the scores...awsome job by young Steve Jennings who we watched grow up down there, and become the shooter he is today...

And to the others who had a good shoot, congratulations !!!

Dave in SC

19. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

After checking the results I only missed runner up for my yardage 19-21 by 1 bird. Not too bad for this being the first time I had ever shot caps. Only reason I didn't hit that one more bird is because a wasp was trying to attack me on station 3 and caused me to miss.

20. Cray

Cray Member

Dave,

Can you post winner's/scores???? Cray

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.