1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Memorial Day Thought

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 635 G, May 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Another Memorial Day is almost upon us. This time of the year I always reflect on all the men I had the pleasure & privilege to have served with. I'm a retired submariner. Just came upon a site. "HorseandCow.com" This is one heck of a tribute to everyone who is or has ever served on the "boats". Please check out the section "Tolling of the Boats". Would greatly appreciate it, if some computer guru could make the "Tolling of the Boats" a direct link.--

Thanks-Phil Berkowitz ICC(SS)--Ret.

2. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Nice post Phil, does the term "Bubble Head" apply? I'm a retired Army guy in a Navy town and shoot at a Navy MWR range. Yep theres alot of good pickin going on. Jake

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Hope that works. Bulge

4. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I've attended the Memorial Day Services in our town for years. The local "American Legion" conducts the services at the local cemetery. They do a wonderful job. Unfortunately the crowd gets smaller every year. I sure wish we could get more attendees. I doubt if most people could tell you what Memorial Day represents. They think it is the kickoff for summer, boating, grilling out, start of little league, etc

Even our legion has moved the ceremony to Saturday morning so everybody can get it out of the way, so as to have the rest of the 3 day weekend free.

I urge everybody on this site to attend a service if possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.