Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

MEMORABLE SHOOTOFFS!

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Pocatello 
#1 ·
HELLO:
i started shooting trap in 1972. one of the highlights was watching a shootoff between Glen Everts and Dick Otto for the Wisconsin state 16 yd championship. it seemed to go on and on. everytime i thought it would end, one of the shooters would miss a target and it would go another round. if anyone else saw this shootoff please elaborate. glen ended up winning, but it was a very dramatic shootoff. years ago shootoffs would take place on sunday morning. seemed like alot more shooters watched the shootoffs years ago. any good shootoffs you can remember? please tell us about them.
steve balistreri

#2 ·
Watched a shootoff between Britt Robinson and a shooter named , I think, Fetterman in Alamorgordo, NM in 1972 or '73 after their 100's from 27. They matched three rounds of 24's and Britt won in the 4th round with 25 while Fetterman had another 24. If I remember correctly Fetterman shot a gun built on a Martini action. Quicky

#3 ·
quicky- i never met Britt Robinson, i wish i could have seen that shootoff. people that are not into the shooting sports don't realize we have some great stars in this game. the first time i got to meet Dan Bonillas, my wife said i was acting like a kid. i guess you have to be in this sport a long time to appreciate the great shooters. when i went to the hall of fame building, i was in my glory.
steve balistreri

#4 ·
I remember a funny shoot-off involving my dad, Ted and a good friend Tony Chianese. It was back around 1980, my dad was on the down side of his hay day of good shooting. He and Tony tied for a handicap event at Parker's Gun Club.
Tony had missed a couple out of the first 20, and my father was straight and shooting lead-off position. If anyone knew my dad, they'll remember his call was long and loud. When he called for the last bird, he yelled "Puullll,Ha,Ha,Ha."
I can remember it like it was yesterday. Some things get better with time.
Puablo

#6 ·
Idaho State Shoot, about five years ago at Boise, Stu Welton and Ted Schlecht along with several others after 100 in Friday's singles. After a few rounds only Stu and Ted were left. Stu eventually won the shootoff, 625 to 624. It was pretty windy as it often is at Boise, but they both kept crushing those clays.

I got to see Britt last week at San Antonio. He actually shot a round of singles at the practice trap. Not only is he one of the all-time greats, but a helluva nice guy too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.