1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Meloxicam for arthritis - side effects?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by joe kuhn, Jul 28, 2013.

1. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

I've been on Meloxicam for three days and the pain in my knees and shoulders is gone. My sister was on it for over a year before she developed heart burn. What side effects have you had?

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I've been on this type of medication for about 25 years. Currently, Meloxicam works well for me. I take two a day along with two Tylenol ones and I can function with very little discomfort. If I don't take them then I ache after a few days. Over the years eventually, you will likely develop some heartburn issues, then it is usually time to try another one. Make sure you consult with your pharmacist and or doctor about what pain medication you use along with these drugs. Most of them are aspirin based and you can overdose. Bill Malcolm

3. high 2

high 2 Member

I been taking it for a couple of years. I tried Celebrex for a while. It didn't work as well for me and the meloxicam is way cheaper. A little heart burn is a welcomed trade off for all the good it does. Larry

4. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Some people just call it Mobic........it worked well for me-no side effects. Took one in morning and one late afternoon.

Most people just take one per day.

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I've been taking it for maybe a year, and it sure helps. I don't have any issues with it.

6. John 53

John 53 Member

I took Mobic for ~4 years, and all of a sudden my BP went hay wire. Short of it is I can no longer take "nsaids" and WOW do I miss them.

John

7. SF SGM

SF SGM Member

Heartburn for me and it really has not helped the pain..

Van

8. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

None but I took in sparingly just to avoid such problems.

9. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

John 53 I know how you feel, I have A fib, so I have to take rat poison, I mean warfarin, so I can't take any NSAID's the only thing they say I can take is Vicodin, I take it sparingly, and I don't see how anybody can get hooked on it, I quit taking it for a few days every now and then it does help a little but it binds up your gizzard (lots of Metamucil yuck, but that helps)so bad I wonder if it is worth it

10. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Also, if you have had a stent "installed" there is a warning about Meloxicam and other NSAIDS.

11. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Riles up my stomach, so I'm cutting the pills in half. The loss of pain will be worth working with this.

12. MX-15L

MX-15L TS Member

13. furface

furface Member

Works great for me, put something in your stomach first and plenty of H2O. Made me feel ten years younger (pain wise)

14. wrenchbender

wrenchbender TS Member

Have used it for awhile.works good other than it makes me itch.Having some work related injuries and now on nebumetone.no quite as good but not scratching all the time.Dave

15. MX-15L

MX-15L TS Member

I've been taking Meloxicam for about two(2) weeks, when does it kick in? One pill a day didn't work, so I started one in the morning and one in the afternoon. I still have pain in my knees, but I think I've lost about five(5)pounds. Any suggestions???

16. crusha

crusha TS Member

Not one of the more problematic drugs out there...