1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Medicare Supplemental increases

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Pocatello, Sep 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I just received a notice of changes in my medicare supplemental insurance increases for next year. The premium is increasing 55%, after a 40% increase last year. My cost for In-Network hospital stays for days 1-5 is increasing 40%. My costs for outpatient in-network diagnostic procedures are doubling. I can afford this for now, but I wonder how many other retirees will be really strapped? Also I worry about what my kids and grandkids will need to pay for healthcare coverage so that parasites, leeches, and "undocumented" workers can go to the emergency room whenever they have the sniffles.

2. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I thought Obama fixed health care? Everything was suppose to be free? What happened?

My health insurance premium has doubled in the last 3 years. Like you Pocatello I can afford it for now, but with 30% plus rate increases.. If it continues then maybe it will be time to change sides and become a government worker.

3. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

More to come from Obama care! We have not seen it all. Sad, Jake

4. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

You've seen nothing yet; what's coming is much worse. When OBAMACARE really kicks say after 2014 look for massive increases. You may want to react by voting against those who supported OBAMACARE. In November, I will vote AGAINST my Representative, Tim Ryan, US Senator Sherrod Brown and Obama. To be honest with you, if my representatives were Republicans and supported OBAMACARE I would vote against them likewise.
    BT100dc

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

What if we renounced our citizenship? We'd be aliens but they wouldn't know where to deport us to...Just call me Juan...cuz if you've seen Juan you've seen them all..and we could go to ER's for free like the rest of those who live off the resident taxpayers

6. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Damn good idea there Calvin

7. larrycrismond

larrycrismond Member

Happily I only take 1 prescription med. I just had it refilled and the price increased 70%, same med, same supplier, same retailer - what's next???

8. crusha

crusha TS Member

I think we have NO IDEA what sort of cost increases we're about to see.

Objective of Obamacare: f*ck up the private market to the point where people are _happy_ to have a "public option" to go to.

Lack of jobs with good benefits >> just pushes people to the goal that much faster.

9. ImpalaBob

ImpalaBob Member

YES Obama Care will kill the free market and costs will sky rocket. Big Business means BIG salaries. We have got to get back to community health care. I still remember our family doctor making house calls and my father paying for the visit out of his wallet!! Not every health problem costs an arm & a leg!

10. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Yes Bob and how much of that premium is to protect their butts from the Attorneys and to cover their liability for who wants to sue because they aren't happy with the treatment.

Don

11. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Next year watch it double. Mike.

12. CalvinMD

Got the same letter from Bravo HealthCare...they are no longer covering anyone after 12/31 in my area of Md...their customer service said not enough customers in my county/region to justify supporting it ...so the search begins again for a new plan

13. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

14. Francis Marion

Francis Marion Well-Known Member

Are you guys sure about all of this? I thought mid a lake was the only person in the country whose insurance premiums went up. Maybe he was the only one whose premiums went up because of Scott Walker.

15. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

My breathing medicine increased 50 percent (after the insurance payment) so I ordered a 6 month supply from ADC. Cost me 9 dollars less than the old rate I was paying, including freight.

Wifey wants to retire, Iam going to have to get new insurance and I am completely lost.

HM

16. CalvinMD

I know the feeling HM,..just got my new Medicare book today..I also am going through the fun of looking for a new family physician as mine retired 2wks ago..he was my Dr since I was 11yrs old

17. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

I was notified my advantage provider is going out of the business.

I'm going to a broker who understands several different policies to help decide what works best for me.

The lowest premium may not be the choice.

18. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I received a guide in the mail from the government with companies listed in the back.

The plans they show look like all crap to me.

I guess you can only get insurance from one who has the gov's blessing to operate in Wisconsin. Prolly other states are like that too.

HM

19. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Obama care will eventully do awaywith private insurance( which is what the "emperor" wants anyway). Obama`just stole 750 million from Medicare to help fun his socialized medicine scheme! But not to worry! Under Obama care your health care will be so limited by age 67 you'll probaly just be left to die anyway! Oh by the w that part about liited nd restriced health care for the elderly IS in the Obama care health plan!

20. coling

coling Member

Just got my notice from Humana Medicare Advantage. Appears that Humana is dropping out of the Medicare Advantage program - at least in my area in Utah.

Probably part of the cuts Obamacare has made to pay.

from the Hill article:
    Medicare Advantage is the popular private plan option in Medicare. Twenty-five percent of Medicare beneficiaries have chosen to get their Medicare benefits from a Medicare Advantage plan.

The Obama Administration officials say these estimates are overblown, and they point to the rise in Medicare Advantage enrollment in 2012 to bolster their case. But the rise in 2012 enrollment is due to an unprecedented, and perhaps unlawful, “demonstration program” through which the administration is funneling $8.3 billion in taxpayer funds to the Medicare Advantage plans to mitigate the political impact of the cuts during a presidential election year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.