1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Medicare help

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by tcr1146, Jun 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Can someone guide me to a site that does not require a person to have passed the bar exam to understand?! For example, at 65 do you have to sign up or is it done automatically?! Is there a charge for medicare at this stage if you still work full time and have coverage through your existing employer?! Etc, etc! Thanks, Tom Rhoads

2. TC

TC TS Member

Tom, go to your local Social Security office at least a month before turning 65. They work for you and believe it or not, most are very helpfull. They usually want you to call and make an appointment. Leave your pocket knife etc. at home most Federal offices have security screening.

Some insurance companies will require you to take Medicare at 65 anyhow. It will probably cost you less than your current share through your employer. You will also need to sign up for prescription coverage or you will pay a penalty down the road. Some states have a SHIP program that can help you select a plan.

3. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Thanks TC and all that PM'd me! Tom Rhoads

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

You do not have to sign up. They do require that you have had prior Ins when you do sign. I am 69 and have never used it as my wife has coverage at her employer. You have to weigh the costs. If you go on it you will need a supp policy at about $250 a month, plus the coverage will also come out of your SS. When Obama gets done it will be eben worse

5. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Here is a much better plan............

ahab_2008_030364.jpg

6. brownk80

brownk80 Member

Tom, I do medicare plans so if you want to call me or email me next week I would be happy to answer your questions or point you in the right direction.

Mike Brown
    brownk80@gmail.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.