1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Medical device tax - another reason

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bisi, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

In this health care bill that Pelosi is wanting to vote on this week, there is a medical device tax. Some clown at the gun club this weekend thought that was okay, and the companies making big bucks should ante up. His logic is flawed because people pay taxes not companies, but what is a medical device.

Toothbrush, dental floss pick, are those medical devices? I’m sure if you ask Pelosi she will say yes. How about that mister you put in the house to make it easier to breath in winter? Speaking of breathing - how about those nasal strips that football players wear, that is a device, I guess it will be taxed.

How about that whirlpool in your bath? Hell even the manufacturer calls it a therapeutic device. Tax it. Hot tub in back yard, tax it. Swimming pool? Big ticket item like that will be taxed for sure.

How about those heated seats in your pickup truck that has lumbar support? I’m sure Henry Waxman, and Chuck Rangel would tax it as being a medical device.

Ace bandage, comb, brush, hair dryer…….

My point is - these sobs could come up with a reason to tax anything you have or ever hope to have because everything could be deemed to be a medical device.

If you don’t call your congressman and senator and object to this bill, then you are giving such stalwart, honorable, people like Pelosi, Waxman, Rangel, Obammie, Schumer, et al a blank check that you signed.

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

You will always have cowardly people who are jealous of those who make more than them, and who will want to tax the snot out of them.

There's some on this site...and I'm sure your gun club is no different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.