1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Media skips this...

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by TinMan88, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

Emotions drive the moment. Media says "the moment is slipping past, must act fast". Well they don't want citizens talking about this chart.
    [​IMG]
    America’s Biggest Killers: The Chart Anti-Gunners Don’t Want You To See

What we are hearing from bloviating gun control advocates in America is nothing short of emotionally driven irrationality.

According to statistics assembled from the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Center for Disease Control and the Federal Government, firearms related homicides are minuscule in comparison to other the other “big killers” in the United States.

If we look at homicide statistics in the United States it’s clear that more murders are committed with knives, bats, hammers and poisons than with firearms. As Kurt Nimmo recently noted, “ the number of murders committed annually with hammers and clubs far outpaces the number of murders committed with a rifle.”

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Yes, but...the "mommies" are scared it will be their little one next. And since they don't raise their little ones to smoke cigarettes, they don't believe the Marlboro Man is going to come out of the woodwork tomorrow and violently and involuntarily "smoke" their young ones to death (despite what the Doonesbury cartoons of the 1990s may have led you to believe).

Those "rapid fire" guns, however...that's another matter. I talked to one of these mommy types today, and they literally believe that "assault weapon" is equivalent to "machine gun." They think it's legal to buy MACHINE GUNS over the internet, with less red tape than buying a bottle of wine. They really believe this. I had taken one of these mommies to the range and let her shoot, and when I explained to her that the Smith & Wesson Model 41 .22 I let her shoot was a "rapid fire" semiautomatic of the same characteristics as the things they're trying to ban, she absolutely, completely could not fathom what I was telling her.

The antis have really set the war of words to our disadvantage on this issue. If we lose, it will be because we lost the semantic, definitional aspect of the discussion before it even started. The average mommie has absolutely no idea what she is talking about on this issue - but is cosmically, emotionally convinced she's right. "Well, I still believe you don't need one of those to hunt."

Geez...

3. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

NO! they prefer to ignore it!!

It doesn't fit their agenda, "Never report the FACTS"

4. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Shouldn't abortion murders be on that chart? Copies of this chart could be copied and sent to every newspaper and radio and tv station. ed nichols

5. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

Trapperwads,as I have joked here before, "they control the horizontal, THEY control the vertical" etc... Well they could give a $&!^ about the chart because it would educate the 'mommies' they have worked so hard to disable.
    [​IMG]

6. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.