1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEDIA IDIOTS

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by MR870, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MR870

MR870 Member

I caught yesterday the MSNBC interview that talked about the innocent kids gunned down with the high capacity assault rifle.... Uhhh Mr Media dumbass,the shooter used a pistol ..not a rifle.Is it me or does the media only report crap that they spin for their liberal views?.Thats just my view on media stupidty.

2. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

As far as the media is concerned, AR's are flintlocks, AK's slingshots, pea shooters, revolvers......you get the idea.

3. beeper

beeper Member

MR870 - You are the Dumbass! Go check your facts before you get hot and bothered into making another stupid statement! Several Children were hit multiple times by a 223. Do you have a pistol that shoots 223?

the Beeper

4. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

There was so much misinformation put out it is hard to determine what is fact and what is not.
    From news reports:
    Used two handguns-
    Bushmaster found in trunk of car-
    Bushmaster .223 only gun used-
    Shot himself with handgun-
    Shotgun found in trunk-
    Shooter was teacher's son-
    Two shooters-
    Second suspect found in woods-
    One suspect under arrest-
    Body of shooter's father found at house-
    Suspects name Ryan Lanza-
    Suspect 'buzzed in at school because he was recognized'-
    Target shooter's mother who is a teacher at Sandy Hook-
    Shooter's mother was teacher's aide at Sandy Hook-

5. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

There is such a thing as a 223 pistol.

The standard 223 round, with a FMJ will go through several men at close range.

Imagine what it will do to a child's body when they are all bunched up, huddled together in fear, trying to escape.

Of course will not know how many rounds were fired from what, until the report is made public.

6. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

These liberal college educated media employees are not idiots. Calling them names does no good. They are anti-gun or have never been around the shooting sports. Call them names...you make them mad and they will get even in their next column or report. Have a media day at your gun club and invite them. Teach them. Show them. Get them on our side. But no names..it will work against us. Win them over if you can. ed nichols

7. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Rick,,that report will have as many holes (lies) in it as the,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well, never mind,,

8. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I've owned a couple of .223 pistols. They are single shots, but they make them. A Remington XP-100, and a Thompson Contender.

Wayne

9. beeper

beeper Member

Thank you for the 223 pistol update. yes I believe there are a few around. Thompson has a barrel for example. The reports I heard are that the .223 were from the Bushmaster and several Children were shot many times. Paranoia, mis-information and instilling fear IMO does disservice to those who were massacered.

the Beeper

10. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

"The reports I heard are that the .223 were from the Bushmaster and several Children were shot many times."

So just where did you hear that from the misinformation you are/were getting on TV or online???? By the way tell us how they know the .223 bullets came from a bushmaster?????

Or does that come from you your wishful thinking????

Bob Lawless

11. 548

548 Guest

Bob, I suspect they simply picked up the rifle lying next to Lanza's dead body and looked at the "Bushmaster" stamped into it's barrel.

The report will be out soon enough and then we can put this to bed.

12. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Guess you never saw the Keltec PLR 16, in ain't a single shot !!!

Phil Berkowitz

13. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

548 the only one that said there was even a AR 15 involved was the medical examiner. The last video I saw was that the only firearms found in the school were handguns.

Or maybe you are like the other guy a wishful thinker????

Bob Lawless

14. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

I found it really odd that the ME definitively stated the deaths were caused by a long gun, (I read rifle). Wouldn't the key piece of evidence in knowing what gun was used be the empty casings on the floor of the school?

Why have we not heard from the police or anyone else? My theory is the truth is not consistent with the story the media wants to tell. Hard to get support for an assault weapons ban when an AR15 style firearm wasn't used in the crime.

15. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

We actually know next to nothing as far as what he or they used, how many rounds expended, what caliber or much of anything else for that matter. In fact, I have been wondering exactly how those 6 little kids got to the kindly old grandfatherly man with the toys scattered about. I would think that all kids should have been in school. How did they get out of the school and to that guys house? No film of anything, just stills. More questions than answers at any rate. John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

the media are idiots