1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Medco 90 Day Pharmacy-Opinions?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Sgt. Mike, Mar 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

Does anyone on TS.com have Medco for their 90 day medications? What are your experiences good and bad. Thanks in advance. Michael

2. oletymer

oletymer Member

I have had Medco for years now and the prices and service has been outstanding.

3. jerryw

jerryw TS Member

I have been using Medco for a least 10 years and it has been a good experience.

Jerry Walker

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Mike. Nothing not to like. Good for us old guys. the only negative is that your prescription order from the doctor has a one year shelf life. So you think you can get the last refill and cannot. And their ordering is a bit cumbersome as the doctor needs to do it. Still, good prices and speedy delivery. Go the generic route.

5. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I too have had Medco for a number of years.

I have had nothing but good service from them.

As for there prices, I really can't comment on those as my insurance program pays most of the cost for me.

Once you get old, (or older) you'll find out.............."That there is better living through drugs"..........lol lol

Hauxfan!

6. bucrub

bucrub TS Member

I have had them for years and have been very satisfyed. Lost them for a year to caremark due to my insurance changing pharmacy's, but they went back to them the following year. Good luck.

7. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

I am glad to see that many have had good service from Medco. I used them for a bit due to the 90-day supply and the decrease in cost. My experience was that when something went wrong it was almost impossible to correct. I have three prescriptions I take continuously. One prescription, I got over a year's supply at one time, the other two were always a problem getting due to commo issues between them and the physician. Now, I don't place all the blame on Medco about the commo issue other than they didn't seem to give a crap about correcting the problems.

I don't have any patience with bureaucracy and told them to pound sand and went back to the local drug store. Now that next month I start getting meds through a different insurer, I may try another mail-order outfit or Wal-Mart in order to get the 90-day and cheaper co-pay.

I hope your experience was better than mine.

HBT

8. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

Convenient, less expensive and you stay away from all the germs! Kim

9. snapthecat

snapthecat TS Member

Interesting thread. I am currently with Humana, which is part of Wal-mart. I get my 90 day meds from Carrollton, Texas. Takes almost 2 weeks to get to Western North Carolina. Would be interested in how long Medco takes to what cities. Also, some details on cost of meds. Thanks

10. oletymer

oletymer Member

Snap, I get my prescriptions 4-5 days in central Washington.

11. crmeyer

crmeyer Member

Been using Medco for about 2 years....excellent service.

12. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Been using them for maybe four or so years (I Think). No problems at all.

When the Doc's, prescription runs out of refills, a call to his office and he will fax a new script right to MEDCO. If the script still has refills remaining, a couple of minutes on the telephone with a voice recognition system, handled by my wife since my voice seems to not be understood to well by the system, and three or so days later a plastic bag with the refills and paperwork for the next time arrives in my mailbox.

The voice recognition system, I don't think, is MEDCO specific since I have gotten so many "I am sorry but I do not understand your answer." responses from darn near every such system I have used. I am lucky though that Canterbury seems to know I want a bird released when it hears my call :)

13. Champion II

Champion II Active Member

outstanding service

14. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Used medco for years. if you go to Medcohealth.com/medco/consumer/redirectValidate.jsp You can get a password from them and get your refils by ordering on line. They sent me an e-mail about a month before the 3 month dosage would run out and a link back to them to refil the scrip. Need to get a 12 month scri from the Dr and faxed to them. Once you give them a c/c nr they will charge the meds to your card without having to give them the nr again. Worked well for me. Mine was mailed to me from Las Vegas and got here in 3 days most times.

Bob

15. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Jim Miller has the right idea. Medco is a pain if something goes wrong, which seems like my luch. Wally World or KMart has a decent system for 90 day supplies. No mail order needed. I just download and print what's covered and try to see if the generics they have will do when I talk to the doctor. Ten Bucks for a 90 supply is better than what my insurance copays are. Walgreens has a plan as well. I only use Medco for the higher dollar stuff and HATE the paperwork they require you to fill out when sending something in. Refills are OK, but a new prescription requires more work than it's worth sometimes.

16. ncbound

ncbound TS Member

When your doctor sends in the prescription he has to stress it's a 3 month supply ,and as someone said , to get an incorrect order changed is impossible.

17. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

Thank you to everyone for your responses. Michael

18. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Mike, 2 thumbs up in our igloo....Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.