1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

######Mechanics Help######

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Tron, May 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Sounds like you've been hosed.

2. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

Jerry: its either that or install a vent on the tank. Birdtracker

3. 682LINY

682LINY Member

when I do a duel tank set up I use eiether a factory duel tank switch or aftermarket 3 way 6 pole switch,,,,changes over the tank feed and the fuel gauge sender signals at the same time,,,,and in the center position is an anti theft switch,,,

4. skip

skip Member

Adding a vent will cause a computer code to show, probably won't pass emmisions test.

5. bocephus

bocephus Member

Adding a vent to an external spare tank with it's own pump that only fills the main tank with a manual switch will cause a computer code to show? Please explain

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I believe you will get a code like the one I got when my gas cap was loose.

I don't know the particulars but the system is supposed to prevent fumes from getting into the atmosphere. So It has to be a closed system of some sort.

You can vent the spare tank but keep it separated with a valve unless pumping fuel over to the main tank.

HM

7. magnumshot

magnumshot Active Member

I've run fuel pumps on several different vehicles in my lifetime. They were put on because of vapor lock problems, and because the existing fuel pumps didn't keep the fuel pressure high enough at a constant when needed. One Ford big block, and two hot rod Chevy small blocks. I did go through a few pumps on each vehicle. I think the pumps I bought were not the greatest of quality, and just died. If I did it again, I would look into the best pump money can buy. I would fill your main gas tank at a rest stop and open the cap on the big tank when filling. Keep a spare pump in your tool box.

8. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

Jerry,

I was a GM tech for 26yrs before I became disabled, they are several thing you can do to solve your problems with this but it would be better to talk to on the phone my # is 423-743-9233 you can call anytime

thanks
    lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.