1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mechanical vs recoil triggers

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tom monzitta, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tom monzitta

tom monzitta Member

I'm looking at asking Cole to change the triggers on my 682x from recoil to mechanical triggers. Is this worth the expense? Is it more dependable? Your opinion please.

2. Baber

Baber TS Member

Save your money.... The Army MTU found out years ago that the 682 was a great gun except for the triggers. Put the money towards a Perazzi.

TB

3. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Tom, unless you are shooting some very light loads in the first barrel for doubles and it is failing to set the second barrel, there's no difference. The triggers should be dead-reliable, just as reliable as anyones.

Neil

4. cueguy2

cueguy2 TS Member

My 682 Gold E was not reliable. Sent it to Coles. Great job, works fine now. Nubs Wagner.

5. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

My Beretta only failed once and that was shooting reloaded .410 shells. It worked fine on the new .410s and the other sub-gauges and never failed on trap doubles. Bill Malcolm

6. iamtrapshooter

iamtrapshooter TS Member

I know that my Winchester 101 has mechanical triggers. The good thing about a 101 is that it cocks the triggers before the shell lifters kick out the shells. Better for no misfires.

7. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

I've got two Win 101's. One is a very early gun (1963) with mechanical trigger. The other is a later (1978) with inertia trigger. Neither has ever failed to fire the second barrrel, and I can't tell them apart.

8. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Tom,

Beretta triggers are very easy to tune for light loads even with sub-guage tubes installed. Any reputable gunsmith should be able to do the work needed.

ec90t

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I like the mechanicals if for nothing else but the psychlogical advantage of knowing the second barrel will always fire

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mechanical vs recoil triggers

recoil vs mechanical triggers