1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

mechanical vs inertia trigger ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nutty1, May 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nutty1

nutty1 TS Member

i'm in the process of rebuilding an older [1963] broadway trap new custom wood adj comb reblue and so on my question is while it's out being rebuilt shoul i convert to mechanical triggers, it's going to be my duobles/backup gun thanks steve

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Steve, truthfully, if the gun's going to be used for competition, the biggest reason to convert to mechanical is moot. The big reason being, IMHO, the 2nd barrel will still fire if the first fails with mechanical triggers. This may be very important in hunting situations but in trap doubles, you just get an opportunity to shoot another pair if the first shot fails to fire. The #2 reason to convert is the belief that mechanical triggers are a bit faster and I've always leaned toward guns that are so equipped and have a reputation for fast triggers but even then I believe any shooter can become completely accustomed to either type trigger and it's "speed" or lack thereof by just shooting it a lot. When I noticed trouble was when I'd shoot one style gun at singles and caps then go to an auto-loader that was sluggish and it took several shots to remember the difference. My advice is consider why you'd want to spend the extra money and if you've been shooting the Broadway well, why change?.....Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.