1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mechanical vs inertia trigers

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jagrdawger, Jul 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jagrdawger

jagrdawger TS Member

With a mechanical trigger the second barrel goes boom even when number 1 does not. That is nice in a hunting situation.

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Yeah, they are clearly advantageous in hunting. In target shooting, I believe there can be made an argument that inertial triggers just might fail to move to the second shot if the internal works are dirty before the simpler mechanical triggers....breakemall....Bob Dodd

3. trapshootingfran

trapshootingfran TS Member

Mechanical triggers are better IMO because you can use lighter loads and the secound shot will go off without any trouble everytime, barring ammo problems.
    Happy shooting!!!

4. jagrdawger

jagrdawger TS Member

Speaking of dirty triggers, I did see 2 682's this year that had been fired for a significant period of time for only singles games that failed to fire the second barrel during doubles. Once they were serviced the boom, boom was back.

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

It is simpler to snap both hammers with a gun that has mechanical triggers before taking the gun apart and putting it in a case. Also, when I use my trigger testing scale, it is simpler when the gun has mechanical triggers.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.