1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

mechanical triggers on beretta 687

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bernk-80, May 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bernk-80

bernk-80 Member

who installs mechanical triggers on a 687 ? how much and is it worth doing.thanks,bern.

2. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

The 680 series trigger can be tweaked to be like a mechanical trigger. A Beretta smith did it for me when doing an "annual" inspection for free. Another smith charged me $60. To have an actual mechanical trigger installed; I would guess is very expensive relative to the cost of the gun.

So I would think that any gunsmith familiar with the Beretta 680 series action could do it. Cole Gunsmiths in Maine comes to mind.

For a hunting gun I feel that it is essential. For a competition gun if the rules allows for a do over because of a failure to fire mechanical triggers are not essential. I like them for the convenience of not having to bump the stock to set the 2nd barrel when using snap caps.

Jason

3. oz

oz Active Member

I had one done at cole for $100 a couple of years ago. works fine. oz

4. 682LINY

682LINY Member

Jason,,,If you dont want to bump the stock to set the triger,,,,there is somthing called a barrell selector,,,select second barrel,,,pull triger,,,move to first barrel,,,pull triget,,,,this is done with snap caps,,,,if done with live ammo,,,be prepered to fix holes in floor or celing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

cost to convert a beretta 687 trigger to mechanical

trigger on beretta 687