1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mechanical charge bar help needed

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by southjblue, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Recently bought a MECHANICAL charge bar(used) for Mec loader and in the instructions it mentioned a brass washer---no such washer came with it---Need info on where this washer goes---is it important?----also would like the phone# of the co--
    There was no phone # with the instructions---Thanks---George

2. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

All the contact info is here George.

Page 5 at the top of the page tells you about the brass washer on a 650.

Other manuals are on mec's webpage......http://www.mecreloaders.com.

Bill

3. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Sorry for the wrong info needed in my thread---I'm seeking info for the mechanical charge bar---not the bushing type-----George

4. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

George, are you asking about an "adjustable bar?"

If you are, it depends on what brass washer you are asking about. The newer adjustable bars have what they refer to as a "brass washer" around the adjusting screws. Those bars turn the opposite direction as the old bars to lock them in.

If you are referring to the brass washer on top of the powder, between the bar and a powder baffle, it is different than the original mec brass washer. Thicker with no dimples in it.

If you are asking about the older MEC bars that do not use a bushing. Your reloader should have come with a brass washer with little dimples in it to go between the grommet and the bar. If you do not have one, call MEC

It's only important if you use a small grain powder and the powder leaks out. A bar with bushings uses the same brass washer.

Ajax

5. RLC323

RLC323 Member

I use the brass washer atop the bar with the rubber grommet above it touching the bottle. Works good to stop powder migration between the bar surface and opening with ball powders. I expect if you use all flake powder like Red Dot you could skip the brass washer.

Multi Scale phone number Tel: 905-566-1255 (9:AM – 5:00 PM E.S.T.)

6. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Yea---It is the adjustable bar I'm asking about---Thanks for the phone#---I'll give them a call---George

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.