1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mechanic question

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blkcloud, Sep 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

My wife has a 2008 suburban, 58k miles.. she always takes it back to the dealer to get the oil changed.. she took it last thrusady got it changed..but on the way home she said the transmission was acting funny.. I told her it was in her head and dont worry about it.. finally, on saturday after she complained some more I drove it.. sure nuff.. it tachs up to 5k before shifting into second..then never shifts out of second no matter how fast you go.. I took it in yeasterday and they said the bands are wore out and are fixing it under warranty.. my question... could they have done something while changing the oil to make the trans. act this way? I mean it drove perfect on the way there, but was screwed up when she picked it up..?? thanks!

2. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

It would be very unlikely that an oil change could have affected the transmission. If the transmission oil was changed, and left too low, that could have dropped the pump pressure enough to damage the clutches. I am really glad they are fixing it under warranty.

There was a Chrysler dealer in Chicago that was having a lot of brake problems, enough that the factory investigated. It was traced to the brake system mechanic adding penetrating oil to the brake fluid to cause premature seal problems. The man was fired, and the customers stopped having brake problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.