1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

mec9000 fixes

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jerbear, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

I did a search but came up empty. Some time ago someone posted a list of mec9000 tweaks or fixes. I thought I had burned it to disk for future reference but I can't find it. Does anyone have the info and pass it along or post it here? The email address is above, just read it and drop the at and dot.

Thanks in advance... Jerbear

2. teleskier

teleskier Member

The best fix would be to buy an RCBS Grand. IMO...Mike

3. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

I'm trying to find the info but I may be on the wrong forum... Judging from teleskier, I should be in Shotgun World where your questions do not get smartass answers.

Someone one this forum, or the other one wrote a Mec9000 maintenance/tweak article about how to fix the little quirks they have. I for one own a PW900 elite so I didn't keep the file but a friend of mine is having trouble with his and some of the problems he is having was in this article.

Jerbear

4. Buster 25

Buster 25 Member

Jerbear;
    Have your friend call MEC directly they are more then willing to help.
    When I first recieved my 9000-H I had learning curve to go through.
    The Crew at MEC were very nice and quit helpfull, Held my hand all the way through to a fix.

Your correct, you don't need to take the abuse you get here.....

5. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Thanks buster 25, I had a pdf file on the known qurks that the 9000 had and how to fix them for good, because I don't own one I sent it to a few people that have them and they swear by the info. I'm not sure if someone on this forum wrote it or if it was Shotgun World. I have sent emails to the people I can remember that may still have the info but if all else fails he can call them.

Thanks again.... Jerbear

6. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Jerbear.... There is a great book that covers all the in's and out's of the Mec 9000 on ebay right now. See: MEC 9000 MEC Grabber Shotshell Reloader Secrets. MEC Reloader Shotshell Reloading--Its Never Been Easier Item number: 230163779666. This is an excellent, no nonsense, source for help with the Mec 9000. I have owned a Mec 9000H for over 18 years and have been totally satisfied with it. I wouldn't change reloaders if someone gave me a new one, unless it was another Mec 9000H......Just my experience........Dan Thome (Trap2)

7. claycruncher

claycruncher TS Member

Hey Jerbear, if you locate the pdf would you make it available to us? If it isn't too much trouble please email it to me at the above address, drop the XX. Thanks!

8. edthearcher

edthearcher Member

mec 9000 purchased one this past may went right up to mec. (i live about 1 hour away) well went home set it up and was pulling my hair out to get it to work right drove back up to mec and they spent over an hour helping me, the guys name was rick gilbert in there tec dept. also I had to do some minor adjusting now I personaly think its the greatest. I also have seen that book on ebay good luck

9. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Jerbear,

Here's two books that came to mind. MEC support is also a great resource. They will spend whatever time they need to get you going, and usually have a handle on the problem.

http://www.gamaliel.com/cart/product.php?productid=5502&cat=1430&page=1

http://www.gamaliel.com/cart/product.php?productid=5501&cat=1430&page=1

10. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

jer, thought i had it, but i don't. try and google it. sometimes it works.

11. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Thanks guys I'm still looking for it and when I fine it I will post it here.

Jerbear

12. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I just got a new catalog from Gamaliel's yesterday. There is the original plus an updated version offered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.