1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MEC9000 carrier problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rick12, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick12

Rick12 TS Member

All of a sudden the carrier on my MEC9000 will not advance enough for the anti-reverse lock to engage. I have replaced the spring on the lower cam bracket and on the anti reverse lock.
    Rick

2. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

check the nut/bolt on bottom of cylinder

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

nut at bottom af piston adjust this, I believe tighten the nut to advance more, your piston may be getting weak also.

4. Mismost

Mismost TS Member

also check the concentric nut...it plays a part how far/much movement of the carrier.

Mine was acting in similar fashion and best I can tell was that the nut had slipped...I think due to a lot of crap and crud that had built up over the years. I did a very complete clean, shine,lube and then walked back through the whole basic set-up procedure. Should have done that 2 years ago....she is just smooth as silk now.

5. Rick12

Rick12 TS Member

Adjusted the bolt on the bottom of the spring piston now it works great. Thanks for the help.
    Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.