1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mec universal charge bars

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Al391brown, May 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Al391brown

Al391brown Member

Have you ever used a universal charge bar for your mec reloader and do they work?

2. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I have used one for many many years. I wouldn't be without a universal charge bar.

I highly recommend one.

Hauxfan!

3. Brady509

Brady509 Well-Known Member

Bought one used. Could never get it tuned in right with any consistency. Gave up and bought another loader instead. Lol

Just my opinion.

Brady

4. psfive

psfive Member

I have three one set for each load I load. I would not use anything else. Paul in GINebraska.

5. coyote1234

coyote1234 Member

Been using one for over 10 years. The charge bar plus the potmetal baffle produce very accurate drops for me.

6. FLIP

FLIP Member

really like mine

7. mike campbell

mike campbell Active Member

They work or they wouldn't have been around for 25+ years.

Question is, do they suit your personality? Do you like to twiddle the knobs?

I don't use an adjustable wrench on my '68 Firebird....I like wrenches that fit. I don't like adjustable chokes or adjustable combs. I like the right choke in a gun that fits.

I like using the same powder bushing for the last 200,000 rounds.

8. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

I like them It beats buying all the powder and shot bushings.

They also let you tweak your loads

9. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

I use them in all gauges except the .410 bore. With the small charges of the .410, the drop cavity was just too far off center for consistent drops.

10. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Since '93.

Wayne

11. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Just to try and help out, I just did a quick inventory and have: 9 different powders from nitro 100 to 7625, 5 different brands of primers, 3 different shot sizes, plus homemade shot. Can you even imagine how many different bushings I would need with that combintation including throwing in sts hulls, aa(new style) hulls, and tons of straight wall cases plus 6 different wads!? Needless to say, I would not be without an adj charge bar on any and all of my loaders. By the way, I bought an 800+ PW loader but sold it after one year because of the bushing bullshit! By the way, I loved the loader but could not deal with the bushings. Tom Rhoads

12. ImpalaBob

ImpalaBob Member

I have never reloaded without one! I get consistant re-sets by always backing off a setting ... then approaching my new setting from the same direction.

13. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

If precise drops are important to you, its the only way to go. Those 10 cent bushings cost $4.00 now? What a rip off!
    Clyde

14. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Tom, you really need to simplify your life! Nine powders and five primers? Wow.

15. Brady509

Brady509 Well-Known Member

By the time you screw the pooch dialing it in each time. You could take each bushing weigh each drop make a list of grains per bushing per powder and swap bushings in half the time. If your filling powder or shot it can be bumped and altered. Placing primers in the tray you will need to pull the handle down to clear the powder knob each time.

Brady

16. chino

chino Member

I bought it with my Mec 9000.I hated it at first but got patient with it and now can't live without it.There is some learning curve to it but believe me,you will get the gist of it real soon given some patient....The drop accuracy is quite close and not drastic......be consisitent in the way you pull the arm and fill bottles up when shots/powder have 1/3 left......Highly recommended.

17. Al391brown

Al391brown Member

I just ordered one! Thanks for all your input fellas!

18. zaob1

zaob1 Member

4 reloaders, 6 charge bars. don't change bushings just bars. Love them all. Easy and convenient.

Rick

19. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Only way to go.....

20. Cwcroft58

Cwcroft58 Member

I have used a unv. bar since the cost of em was 17.00 , never any trouble and I love it. C.W.Croft

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

universal charge bar for mec reloader